Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

On 8/9/2018 at 2:34 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

McDoom just couldn't beat out Perry for playing time.  Maybe Martin passed him on the depth chart going into fall practice?

Another thought is maybe Harbaugh will run more 2 TE and sets including a FB/TE this year to maximize blocking in both the run game and for pass pro.

To see a guy leave after getting meaningful playing time as a true frosh is never fun to see, but I wish him the best.  He was a low 3* gamble that bridged a gap for a few seasons.

3 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

McDoom just couldn't beat out Perry for playing time.  Maybe Martin passed him on the depth chart going into fall practice?

Another thought is maybe Harbaugh will run more 2 TE and sets including a FB/TE this year to maximize blocking in both the run game and for pass pro.

To see a guy leave after getting meaningful playing time as a true frosh is never fun to see, but I wish him the best.  He was a low 3* gamble that bridged a gap for a few seasons.

I also don't think it is unheard of to occasionally see kids at speed positions peak as freshman. For some kids that is a fast as they will ever be and their body just starts maturing rapidly out of it.

Of course from M's perspective it would be better if it was just a matter of the competition getting better.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, Gehringer_2 said:

I also don't think it is unheard of to occasionally see kids at speed positions peak as freshman. For some kids that is a fast as they will ever be and their body just starts maturing rapidly out of it.

Of course from M's perspective it would be better if it was just a matter of the competition getting better.

WR speed is irrelevant if the OL can't block and the QB can't read / throw properly -- issues UM has been struggling with for the better part of a decade.

Objectively, McDoom is a cool name and the impact of his name not appearing on the roster should not be overlooked or understated on this dimension.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Objectively, McDoom is a cool name and the impact of his name not appearing on the roster should not be overlooked or understated on this dimension.

It was fun yelling "Doooooooom" at home games...I'll give you that.

Grant Newsome going to pass on the rest of his eligibility. He says his recovery has come a long way but trying to play would put the vascular graft they did to repair the artery damaged in  the injury at too much risk

Offensive play calling more conservative than last year to start the game, that after the defense got absolutely ran over.  

Defense is getting ran the first two series.  3 penalties and nothing but big plays. Getting beat everywhere.  

Harbaugh better figure it out.  

I hate the targeting rule. In no way shape or form should a play like that ever get a player disqualified from the game. 

Get it together, defense! 

2 drives, and the defense has not made one play. Embarrassing start for the strength of the team

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I disagree.  I think he absolutely should have been thrown out.

If he led with his head, I would agree with you. 

1 minute ago, wolverinefan said:

I hate the targeting rule. In no way shape or form should a play like that ever get a player disqualified from the game. 

Get it together, defense! 

That’s a 100% ejection. No question. With or without a targeting rule. 

• Like 1

Defense needs to make plays, simple as that.  Twice had the Irish 3rd and long, let them off the hook, 2nd TD should have been picked.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He did lead with his head.

Guess we are watching a different game.