Deleterious

2018 Michigan Football

I went to the movie night last night. I sat in one of the new blue end zones. They looked fine. 

Kareem Walker, once looked upon as Harbaugh's best RB recruit signing ever, is no longer at Michigan.

He's joined former teammate and fellow NJ native Ahmir Mitchell at a powerhouse JuCo in Kansas.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24233639/michigan-rb-kareem-walker-transferring-juco

Harbaugh didn't mention Walker as part of the RB rotation in June, which was proof Walker was either still in the doghouse or not in the team's plans going forward.

Running back depth is OK for the coming year, with Higdon and Evans entrenched at the top two spots.  Both have put on 10 lbs, reportedly, but  we'll see what they look like in November.  Pencil in Samuels at third-string for now, with Taylor and Haskins (a true FR) pushing for change-of-pace carries as power backs.  Wilson and Hewlett will push Samuels, but it seems like Haskins is a power back in the De'Veon Smith mold that will get meaningful carries if he shows out in camp.  

Maybe it is just as simple as the running back who blocks the best, plays?

5 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Kareem Walker, once looked upon as Harbaugh's best RB recruit signing ever, is no longer at Michigan.

He's joined former teammate and fellow NJ native Ahmir Mitchell at a powerhouse JuCo in Kansas.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24233639/michigan-rb-kareem-walker-transferring-juco

Harbaugh didn't mention Walker as part of the RB rotation in June, which was proof Walker was either still in the doghouse....

sounds like he just he couldn't/wouldn't keep himself academically eligible.

Urban Meyer is in hot water for covering up a domestic abuser. Typical behavior of Urban, if this doesn't take him down something else will.

What a shocker! But not really. How he got away with the crap in Gainesville is crazy. He was never going to change.

The Big Ten needs to get its mind right. These are stories I would have expected from the SEC.

And he just got put on paid administrative leave during an investigation. Wow

14 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

And he just got put on paid administrative leave during an investigation. Wow

Yeah  - that is surprising.

16 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I feel bad for the woman who was beat.

OSU knew who they were getting.

A little hard to believe Meyer was in the dark, this is a guy that had been with him all the way back to FL.

16 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

A little hard to believe Meyer was in the dark, this is a guy that had been with him all the way back to FL.

There will be your standard coverups and deflections to take the heat off Meyer despite his history of questionable behavior. 

And speaking of UM football, The guys on the Ticket picked up a story about Wilton Speight giving an interview in which he said that Jim Harbaugh once told him he shouldn't eat chicken because "it's a nervous bird". 

You can't make this stuff up.

EDIT: I guess this made it to SI.

The bird thing was a light hearted story that the media largely used to make Jim out to be some nutjob......then this afternoon happened.

wow.

gut feeling, not a very hot take: Urbs is donezo.

48 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

There will be your standard coverups and deflections to take the heat off Meyer despite his history of questionable behavior. 

Yes, they will play the Shelly never told Urban card. Which absolutely no one will believe.

18 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Yes, they will play the Shelly never told Urban card. Which absolutely no one will believe.

Especially when urban was asked at media day last week the impact his wife has on his life.  He gushed about how he talks to her about everything.

She is also an OSU employee. 100 percent she told urban and they decided to let the couple work it out. 

Those texts were awful.  The wife kept saying she was there for her.  The Meyers were in the ultimate position to help. And they didn’t. 

The new guy covering Michigan Football this year for The Athletic (Cody Stavenhagen)has finished the QB, RB and WR sections of his preview.  Worth a look.

Kekoa Crawford isn't with the team anymore and he's penciling in DPJ as the guy to take his spot.  He's likely right, but I hope it Collins and Oliver push him in camp.  Not to say I don't want DPJ to start--I just want a dude who can beat the jam at LOS presenting a threat at #2.

Tyrone Wheatley Jr. has transferred to StoneyBrook. A lot of hype when he started at UM, pretty much fizzled.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Tyrone Wheatley Jr. has transferred to StoneyBrook. A lot of hype when he started at UM, pretty much fizzled.

They really wanted him to move to LT, maybe a spring ago?  They kept on recruiting  TE over him, too bad things couldn't have worked out.

On 8/6/2018 at 4:58 PM, mickeyb105 said:

They really wanted him to move to LT, maybe a spring ago?  They kept on recruiting  TE over him, too bad things couldn't have worked out.

What happened to Kokoa Crawford?

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It's somewhat hard to know what we really had in Crawford and Walker given the torrid state of our OL and QB over recent years.  I hope they find success elsewhere.