Oct. 13 -- Wisconsin*
Oct. 20 -- at Michigan State*
Oct. 27 -- Bye Week
Nov. 3 -- Penn State*
Nov. 10 -- at Rutgers*
Nov. 17 -- Indiana*
Nov. 24 -- at Ohio State*
Dec. 1 -- Big Ten Championship Game

I was sort of glad when they stopped playing ND.  But I admit that I'm happy to see them back on the schedule.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Euphdude said:

All signs point to a 7-5 season.

Did I miss something ?

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

Did I miss something ?

I don’t think so. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, Euphdude said:

I don’t think so. 

Then I find that prediction mind blowing. I'll Instagram live myself eating the family jewels with a fork if we lose 5 games 

• Haha 1

Hardest schedule in the land. Nothing about this will be easy. I'm hopeful.

12-0.

Yeah even with the schedule I don't see them losing more than 3 games.  Of course I'm all in on Patterson and if he is as good as I think he will be then we should have no problem winning 10 games.   Last year outside of the PSU game there is a real chance that we would've won every game if we had good QB play and I only expect the rest of the team to be better next year.

Now if Patterson isn't the savior like I expect then all bets are off but even then as long as he's competent I see this at worst an 8-4 team. 

Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Pen State, and Ohio State are losses. If they manage to beat one, someone else will beat them. This is a brutal schedule and Michigan still doesn’t have a proven QB or a good OL, their RB situation is still shaky, and the WRs are unproven. 

LOL- Michigan players really dumping on Drevno. Sounds like they have spetn his tenure thoroughly confused about what they were doing on the O-Line. I guess we'll see if that was really because Drevno's schemes were inappropriately complex given NCAA practice hrs, or whether the players were all just dummies. xD

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/05/29/wolverines-agree-everyone-wins-simplified-offensive-line-approach/651282002/

FWIW(which isn't much) Vegas has Shea Patterson at 20-1 odds to win the Heisman.  I believe only 5 guys have better odds.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, Euphdude said:

Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Pen State, and Ohio State are losses. If they manage to beat one, someone else will beat them. This is a brutal schedule and Michigan still doesn’t have a proven QB or a good OL, their RB situation is still shaky, and the WRs are unproven. 

Last year Michigan had historically bad play from the QB position. Peters lead the team with 4 TD passes for crying outloud. Part was having a horrible offensive line, part was having almost an entirely new set of receivers, and part was the QB's they did have were bad.  Speight regressed and got hurt, OKorn sucked and Peters wasn't ready. The offense almost literally can't be worse.

If Warriner gets the oline to even a mediocre level it will represent a huge improvement. It will depend on the tackles of course, but they are solid up the middle. Pass pro was the problem and most of that was communication on stunts and blitzes which Drevno couldn't coach. Vast improvement in protecting the QB is possible. And they already were a decent if not solid run blocking group.

The freshmen receivers they had to rely on last year will be better simply by not being freshmen. The upside in that group is phenomenal and if they had a QB last year who had either the time or talent to get them the ball we may have already seen it. 

The RB's and TE's are fine. No stars but solid and they all return from last year.

If Patterson is a player it just comes down to the online. Michigan had OSU beat the last 2 years with a decent QB. And Okorn had one of the worst games in team history against MSU and they still almost won. The defense was top ten overall  and looks to be even better this year.

If Warriner turns the line around this team can compete for a national championship.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, Deleterious said:

The O/U on total wins is 9.5.  

With the increased competition at QB, and the addition of Warriner to the staff, 9.5 wins should be the basement expectation.

Hopefully you'll get to make your bet in Michigan.

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Alternately, at some point, this team has to take off.  It is going to happen.

Yes.  The mixture of coaching, depth, experience and talent are there now. 

The team is out of excuses, two months to wait seems like forever.

I've been most interested to hear how the players have thrown the old strength and fitness and especially the old O-Line coaching regime under the bus. You expect a lot of optimism from the players about new coaches but I don't remember often hearing such detailed criticism of an old coaching regime by players still on the team.

Either Harbaugh has some real malcontent players or he's made some pretty significant changes in coaching approaches.

I think the players feel a lot like we do. They should have been better last year and they're angry/embarrassed at how some of those games went 

Guys on ESPN were ranking units and UM had the 5th ranked Dline, 8th lbs and 1st in dbs so needless to say they should have a dominant defense. 

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Guys on ESPN were ranking units and UM had the 5th ranked Dline, 8th lbs and 1st in dbs so needless to say they should have a dominant defense. 

have they ever had a weak D under Harbaugh?  I think the team will succeed or fail based on whether they have their O-line problems solved with the new coaching regime there.