Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

5/15 @7:10 Cleveland Indians vs Niko Goodrum and the Detroit Tigers

Twins up 4-1 in 7th

Tell you what, I like these Mudhens better than the last few years of the Tigers.

Detroit Tigers- AL Central Champs, Gardy Manager of the millenium.

• Like 1

Guyer had an interesting night.  He hit the salami in the first inning, and then he left 8 guys on base during the rest of the evening.  How often do you have 11 men on base during 5 at-bats?  Batting behind Lindor and Ramirez will do that of course.

Here's somebody who doesn't appear to be any worse than the guys in the bullpen right now - he's Philippe Aumont, the French Man from Gatineau, QC.  He picked up the save in Toledo tonight with 2 shutout innings, and he almost always goes multiple innings.  10 games, 19.1 innings, 16 K's, WHIP of 0.78.  We definitely need to call this guy up, if only to introduce some French-Canadian blasphemy into the game threads, calice.  It's entirely different from English obscenity.

• Like 2

Following tonight's game, the @tigers optioned RHP Zac Reininger and INF Dawel Lugo to Triple A Toledo. Prior to tomorrow's game, the @tigers will recall LHP Ryan Carpenter (Wednesday's starter) and RHP Artie Lewicki from Triple A Toledo.

9 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Here's somebody who doesn't appear to be any worse than the guys in the bullpen right now - he's Philippe Aumont, the French Man from Gatineau, QC.  He picked up the save in Toledo tonight with 2 shutout innings, and he almost always goes multiple innings.  10 games, 19.1 innings, 16 K's, WHIP of 0.78.  We definitely need to call this guy up, if only to introduce some French-Canadian blasphemy into the game threads, calice.  It's entirely different from English obscenity.

“Osti de tabarnak de câlice, c'est pas possible comment que t'es cave.”   When I read Gardenhire’s lips in this clip I’m pretty sure this is what he was saying  

A72A1F03-847D-43EE-90A9-F9CD886742CF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

“Osti de tabarnak de câlice, c'est pas possible comment que t'es cave.”   When I read Gardenhire’s lips in this clip I’m pretty sure this is what he was saying  

A72A1F03-847D-43EE-90A9-F9CD886742CF.jpeg

"You're missing a good game, osti de tabarnac de merde"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Good Lord. What a game. 

Had me watching.  There is a lot to say for that.  If they give up a grand slam and had no hope...click. 

They seem to have fight in them (at home at least). 

Cleveland is better than this but their bullpen must have them ready to lose their minds. 

42 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Had me watching.  There is a lot to say for that.  If they give up a grand slam and had no hope...click. 

They seem to have fight in them (at home at least). 

Cleveland is better than this but their bullpen must have them ready to lose their minds. 

I know the feeling.

We had a fun time at the game.  We turned in some old tickets so it wasn't a "normal" game for us.

I noticed a lot of young people at the game.  That was nice to see.  College aged.  I under dressed and it was windy where we sit so when it was 8-3 we decided to go downstairs and walk around a bit and then leave.  We made it to LF under the scoreboard when the rally inning started so we stayed put.   We left when Stumpf loaded the bases.  I am not complaining about long games but during the week I gotta get to bed early during the school year.

Nice win.  No illusions but this is fun to watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdog said:

Following tonight's game, the @tigers optioned RHP Zac Reininger and INF Dawel Lugo to Triple A Toledo. Prior to tomorrow's game, the @tigers will recall LHP Ryan Carpenter (Wednesday's starter) and RHP Artie Lewicki from Triple A Toledo.

I wouldve rather seen Alexander called up. Both Reininger and Lewicki need to be Chad Bell'd.

You don't DFA Lewicki.  He knows people.  

I had no idea reininger had been on the roster. 

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

I had no idea reininger had been on the roster. 

I didn't either before yesterday.  I admit I am not keeping such close tabs this year.  

any pictures of Deuce's birthday party? This is a family site of course.