Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

5/15 @7:10 Cleveland Indians vs Niko Goodrum and the Detroit Tigers

Often times, in text messages or emails, people can't hear the infliction of what your trying to say. For instance, I strongly dislike onions. If my wife texts me a recipe with a lot of onions in it, I'll say..."oh yeah, I love onions"  She would know I'm not serious but the same text to anyone else would make them assume I really do, in fact, love onions.

Maybe it's the same thing when someone is speaking in their second language? Cabrera deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Often times, in text messages or emails, people can't hear the infliction of what your trying to say. For instance, I strongly dislike onions. If my wife texts me a recipe with a lot of onions in it, I'll say..."oh yeah, I love onions"  She would know I'm not serious but the same text to anyone else would make them assume I really do, in fact, love onions.

Maybe it's the same thing when someone is speaking in their second language? Cabrera deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Guilty until proven innocent.

He and Victor need to go home and get their home country out of the ditch! 

Read where Kellogg’s is pulling out of Venezuela. If I recall correctly, 60% of the breakfasts consumed in Venezuela are Kellogg products. That’s a lot of corn flakes. 

And that ladies and gentlemen, is the ballgame.

Now they've got them right where they want them.    Chipping will begin this inning.

Just now, LooseGoose said:

<<<Nostradamus or Blind Squirrel?

Nice call. 

26 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Guilty until proven innocent.

He and Victor need to go home and get their home country out of the ditch! 

Read where Kellogg’s is pulling out of Venezuela. If I recall correctly, 60% of the breakfasts consumed in Venezuela are Kellogg products. That’s a lot of corn flakes. 

Let’s leave politics in the political forum.  Let’s stick to how the tigers suck and we’re all going to die. 

Babip regression for Frankie.

BP for the tribe.

6 minutes ago, 1776 said:

BP for the tribe.

Liriano is awful today, this one could get away quickly.

28 minutes ago, kdog said:

Babip regression for Frankie.

Happens to us all.

So much for that Lariano trade piece...methinks water will find it's level all around very soon, such is the sport that is baseball.

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

So much for that Lariano trade piece...methinks water will find it's level all around very soon, such is the sport that is baseball.

I understand the knee-jerk reaction but a few good starts should get us a decent prospect. It may not seem like it now but that was the chance we took signing him just to trade him.

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

He seems like he figured it out tonight, starting to get some easier outs.

In the meantime, the DH/cleanup hitter the Tigers keep rolling out there is now in an 0-18 skid, and his OPS is down to a robust .637.  At least he hasn't had an at bat with RISP thus far, to further drop his .479 OPS.  

Again, why is he on the roster?

A called strike on Jones just now was so far out of the strike zone that all Dan could say was, “oh no.“.  He didn’t even bother to elaborate  because it was so futile and awful.  On gameday it looked like it was almost a foot out of the strike zone. I don’t know if Jones could have even reached it if he’d tried. 

The lack of a deep bullpen rearing it's ugly head tonight.  Reninger is not an answer to anything.  

Also, Hicks is not a good defensive first baseman.  Once Miggy comes back Hicks should become the DH and the Tigers should let Victor ride off into the sunset

16 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

The lack of a deep bullpen rearing it's ugly head tonight.  Reninger is not an answer to anything.  

Also, Hicks is not a good defensive first baseman.  Once Miggy comes back Hicks should become the DH and the Tigers should let Victor ride off into the sunset

Methinks Victor will get the "respect" treatment and be allowed to finish the season; which is a nice gesture, but also gimps the team's progress by him squandering a roster spot.  Somebody needs to make a tough decision, either Vmart himself or Al.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

Methinks Victor will get the "respect" treatment and be allowed to finish the season; which is a nice gesture, but also gimps the team's progress by him squandering a roster spot.  Somebidy needs to make a tough decision: Vmart or Al.

I still say he goes to the DL by the All Star Break and never comes off it and then everyone saves face.      

John Hicks is my hero.