Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

5/15 @7:10 Cleveland Indians vs Niko Goodrum and the Detroit Tigers

Boy, it sure felt good to finally beat the Indians last night.  Let's do it again.  Tomlin has an 8.06 ERA.......I think winning is possible.  :)

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Gotta win the series. 

Gotta sweep these characters.

It's Jim Adduci's birthday.

10 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Indians vs Tigers (18-22) Game 41

Comerica Park

81_Bird.jpg

From the 1981 Yearbook

I will never forget that day 42 years ago.     

58 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Adduci weighed 14 lbs at birth. 

He fed his mother through the umbilical cord while she was carrying him.

• Like 1

Jim Sr. wasn’t at the birth, which was probably for the best. He was in the middle of one of his signature benders when Mrs Adduci went into labor. She walked five miles to the hospital because the car had run out of gas earlier that week and her boss at the diner was late with payroll. She had planned to take the bus, but the buses weren’t running at night. 

When senior returned home late that night he passed out on the couch by the front door, and then woke up late for his shift when his buddy who he rode to work with was outside honking the horn. He lost his drivers license earlier that year after a DUI. He only found out about the birth the next day when Mrs returned home the next day. He moved out later that week because he couldn’t stand the crying. 

• Like 3

Chad Bell claimed by the Braves.

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Jim Sr. wasn’t at the birth, which was probably for the best. He was in the middle of one of his signature benders when Mrs Adduci went into labor. She walked five miles to the hospital because the car had run out of gas earlier that week and her boss at the diner was late with payroll. She had planned to take the bus, but the buses weren’t running at night. 

When senior returned home late that night he passed out on the couch by the front door, and then woke up late for his shift when his buddy who he rode to work with was outside honking the horn. He lost his drivers license earlier that year after a DUI. He only found out about the birth the next day when Mrs returned home the next day. He moved out later that week because he couldn’t stand the crying. 

Mrs. Adduci is an amazing woman.  She had been working 50 hours a week at the diner while going to school at night to get her nursing degree.  Jim Sr never never approved of his wife going to school getting some kind of fancy education (What's the matter?  You too good for me?), but he was usually too drunk to notice.  Jim Jr spent a lot of time in the diner as a toddler.  Female customers thought he was so cute.  By the age of two, he already knew the power he had over women if he played his cards right.  

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

He fed his mother through the umbilical cord while she was carrying him.

Mrs. Adduci had never smoked in her life, ever. She had always been outspoken about the ills of smoking cigarettes. As she told the story hundreds of times years later, at about six months into the pregnancy she began craving nicotine. A little all along at first and then to the point that she was lighting up on a frequent basis. The doctor at delivery told the story that Mrs. Adduci could barely get through the delivery without a smoke. Several physicians local to the Adduci homestead studied this unusual phenomenon as they called it, but were never able to put forth a credible explanation. The oddest part of the entire story is the fact that about two weeks after the birth of lil’ Jimmy the craving for cigarettes literally vanished overnight.

Cabrera said he’s not ready to do baseball activity. Soreness goes from hammy through hips and into back. Said he’s not going to rush. Not going to play hurt and risk a repeat of last year

Lefty Ryan Carpenter will be recalled to start Wednesday's game. Corresponding move will come after tonight's game.

Hackosky:

Cabrera was half-joking, half-not when he said: "Nobody appreciates when you play hurt so I am going to take my time and play when I'm good. I play a lot of years hurt here in Detroit. They don't appreciate that. When you do bad, they crush you."

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

Hackosky:

NM

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

Victor is the black hole in that otherwise cosmicly happy lineup

It's gotta be just a matter of time before they call up Stewart if he keeps hitting like he has this year.   It's either going to come at the expense of Victor or Mahtook's roster spot.    I'd rather see Victor go, because as bad as Mikie's been this year, I think there's a good ballplayer in there somewhere and he's gonna find it - plus he's athletic and can play all 3 OF positions.   Victor can DH and has to be run for late in games.