Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

5/14 @7:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

I'm not going to lie... When I think of the missing game threads, there's a certain sadness that I can't shake. 

Does Miggy come back today?  

This week? 

I like John Hicks, but his lack of experience at first base is hurting us

I’m not quite sure who will be the hammer and who the nail in these contests but I have a pretty good idea.  Of course I am a nattering nabob of negativism.

scrappy Tigers will find a way. 6-4 Detroit.

Jordan Zimmermann (shoulder impingement) threw off flat ground today, not for very long, though. Maybe 5 minutes. Gardenhire said Tigers will call somebody up from Toledo to start on Wednesday.

I'm still amazed they were able to pull out yesterday's game vs. Seattle, with Hardy going in his first MLB start against James No-Hit Paxton. Add to that, the Tigers growing list of injured players being replaced by AAA call-ups, and I was prepared for the home team to receive the mother of all beatdowns on Mother's Day. Turned out to be a very enjoyable finish, of course.

Jeimer Candelario placed on the 10 Day DL(wrist); Dawel Lugo has been called up.

Gardenhire said he thinks Castellanos (finger) could be ready by tomorrow, possible to pinch-hit tonight. No change with Cabrera, still treatment only. Martin expects to be ready when 10 days is up (Friday)

51 minutes ago, kdog said:

Jeimer Candelario placed on the 10 Day DL(wrist); Dawel Lugo has been called up.

Prediction:

Lugo's aggressiveness serves him well and he is soon breathing down Dixon's neck, at least until pitchers figure out how to exploit him. He returns to AAA and spends the rest of the year trying to toe the line between being aggressive and taking a pitch, with extremely mixed results.  

Machado has no chance to be a regular with his bat(sorry Lynn). Lugo with the lack of plate discipline is still a better bet.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Kozma is the man.

Kozman

Best hitter bats second.  Gardenhire is going with the analytics.  McCann batting cleanup.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kdog said:

Machado has no chance to be a regular with his bat(sorry Lynn). Lugo with the lack of plate discipline is still a better bet.

If he's at all adequate in the field, I suppose I'll deal with a poor man's Roughned Odor (the MLB player, not his twin brother of the same name) as a stopgap.

1 hour ago, Walewander said:

Prediction:

Lugo's aggressiveness serves him well and he is soon breathing down Dixon's neck, at least until pitchers figure out how to exploit him. He returns to AAA and spends the rest of the year trying to toe the line between being aggressive and taking a pitch, with extremely mixed results.  

When will he get a walk?

25 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Dear god, this is a 120 loss lineup

That's what they said before yesterday's win!

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

the 2003 lineups won 43 games.  

36 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

When will he get a walk?

He already got it.

38 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Shame on Seattle for losing that one.