Sign in to follow this  
detroittigerfan

MAY, 2018 SUCCESSES

Not sure that the "Successes" thread is still alive, but I thought I would try it again.

Really excited to get HOFer ALAN TRAMMELL on my 18 x 26 Detroit Tiger Hall of Fame poster today.  Tram's signature joins the autos of Jim Bunning, Hal Newhauser, George Kell, Sparky Anderson, Larry Doby, Rick Ferrell, Ernie Harwell, Eddie Mathews (all deceased) on the poster, along with Jack Morris and Al Kaline.  That's 11 Tiger HOF autographs, with 8 deceased.

Ferrell technically did not play in the majors as a Tiger, but he was in the Tiger farm system and then spent many years as a Tiger Executive.  He was pictured on the photo as a catcher.

Now I need to add Tram to two baseballs and an 11 x 14"photo of Tiger Stadium, already signed by the same Tigers as listed above.

Tram was at 5/3 Ball Park, home of the WhiteCaps, arriving on Monday.  Not sure how long he will be there this week.

Technically, none of these are Tigers successes, but May has been a pretty stellar month for my autograph hobby.  I went to the Redford show yesterday and got Gosger and Moran.  As mentioned in the Upcoming Autograph thread, both fellas were very nice to chat with.

Moran_Gosger.jpg

My big success of May came last week at Taste of the Lions - a food/drink tasting event to benefit the Eastern Market.  This was the first time I've been, but I will definitely be back.  The food and drink were great and all, but what made the event amazing, was that virtually the entire football team AND Lion Legends were there and very accessible for pictures and autographs.  I was wise enough to stock up on some cards in advance for players I could find them for.  Here is my haul below:

Program (12): DeShawn Shead #26, Nick Bawden, Jeremiah Ledbetter #98, Frank Ragnow, Hakeem Valles #84, Stefan McClure #30, DeAndre Goolsby #89, Rick Wagner #71, Rolan Milligan #41, Anthony Zettel #69, Toby Johnson #95 (right page), Luke Willson #82 (front cover, not seen below)

Cards (17): Tavon Wilson, Matt Cassel, Matt Prater, Zach Zenner, Theo Riddick, Levine Toilolo, T.J. Lang, Frank Ragnow, A'Shawn Robinson, Kenny Goladay, T.J. Jones, Kerry Hyder, Anthony Zettel, Luke Willson, Dwayne Washington, Quandre Diggs, Ameer Abdullah

Lions.jpg