Keepleyland2

4/30 @7:10 Tampa Rays vs Detroit Tigers

Just now, NickCantCatch said:

Well they made it exciting.  What is going on with Greene?  That is what I want to hear about in the postgame.  

He sucks #furtheranalysis

9 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

McCann got himself out there, I'm not sure that any of the first 6 were strikes.  Why did he swing at 2-0?

That was a game losing at bat. 😁

👽

Seriously, half the guys on this team are garbage.  Just bring up as many young guys as possible after the late season trade deadline and cut the dead weight that is anchoring this teams ***.

It would be really nice if Zimm’s start tonight isn’t another head fake.

5 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

He sucks #furtheranalysis

He had been outstanding out of the pen last year.  To you everyone sucks.  Cut em all and let's bring up all that talent that is being held down in the minors, eh?  I am kind of excited about Stewart but who else is ready?  

3 minutes ago, NickCantCatch said:

He had been outstanding out of the pen last year.  To you everyone sucks.  Cut em all and let's bring up all that talent that is being held down in the minors, eh?  I am kind of excited about Stewart but who else is ready?  

Sam Bernstein

1 hour ago, NickCantCatch said:

Loved Gardenhire's post game press conference.  

Was it this?

“Not good,” Gardenhire said, of Jones’ steal. “He made it and we are very happy about that part of it. But that was not a good play. He’ll be talked to. I have seven or eight coaches that will eventually go by him and tell him the same thing — not a good play.”

So how is it Jones hasn’t learned by now that running in that situation was bad bad baseball? MLB is full of these bonehead actions. Youth is not an excuse. Crazy crap.

8 hours ago, Casimir said:

Well, at least it was a fun one.

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Heck.  At least it was pretty exciting here at the end. 

8 hours ago, NickCantCatch said:

Well they made it exciting.  

Great minds and whatnot.

8 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Seriously, half the guys on this team are garbage.  Just bring up as many young guys as possible after the late season trade deadline and cut the dead weight that is anchoring this teams ***.

Who are they going to call up?  Who is MLB ready?  Stewart?  Maybe.  Who else?  Mahtook?  Hardy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Was it this?

“Not good,” Gardenhire said, of Jones’ steal. “He made it and we are very happy about that part of it. But that was not a good play. He’ll be talked to. I have seven or eight coaches that will eventually go by him and tell him the same thing — not a good play.”

Yes.  That and the stupid question about not batting Miggy.  Of course he's going to pinch hit Miguel Cabrera if Miguel Cabrera is available.    

46 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Who are they going to call up?  Who is MLB ready?  Stewart?  Maybe.  Who else?  Mahtook?  Hardy?

I'm not saying immediately, but towards the end of the season, trade away anyone they can (probably not many tradeable pieces by then, I digress), try to get a couple more prospects, and assess who else has developed enough to be called up.  

I know it's not a simple fix, and it is a rebuild, but the sooner the better to get as many new, young players up to grow with.

I look at this team and I only see a handful of players that I would want to keep both talent wise and contractually...hence why at least half the team needs to be replaced asap.  But I'm sure the org knows this....it's just frustrating, especially seeing the bad bp and untimely hitting (cough McCannt) all the freakin time.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

I'm not saying immediately, but towards the end of the season, trade away anyone they can (probably not many tradeable pieces by then, I digress), try to get a couple more prospects, and assess who else has developed enough to be called up.  

I know it's not a simple fix, and it is a rebuild, but the sooner the better to get as many new, young players up to grow with.

I look at this team and I only see a handful of players that I would want to keep both talent wise and contractually...hence why at least half the team needs to be replaced asap.  But I'm sure the org knows this....it's just frustrating, especially seeing the bad bp and untimely hitting (cough McCannt) all the freakin time.

Sure, but who are they going to be able to trade?

Some of the dead weight needs to stick around solely because the Tigers have to field a team and there is nobody more qualified to replace them. 

Martinez can go away.  This team is ill equipped to have a DH only.

Some of the bullpen arms..... there's more of the same junk in Toledo, so there isn't going to be much improvement there.  You can change for the sake of change, but it ain't gonna do nothin' for this season or the future, really.