Keepleyland2

4/30 @7:10 Tampa Rays vs Detroit Tigers

I think Martin got scratched due to a sore hamstring.  Jones will probably play center.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

It seems like he'll never be healthy or good.  Oh well.  

It does. But... he just turned 25 a week ago. Don’t have any idea what this groin surgery involves or the recovery time expectation. He’s still young and could still end up having a good career. There is no question his career is two steps back for each one forward. I would still hope he could succeed in a Tiger uniform. 

23 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It does. But... he just turned 25 a week ago. Don’t have any idea what this groin surgery involves or the recovery time expectation. He’s still young and could still end up having a good career. There is no question his career is two steps back for each one forward. I would still hope he could succeed in a Tiger uniform. 

I am not giving up on him.  I just don't have much confidence in him anymore.  He was once somebody I was expecting to be part of their rotation for several years.  Now, he is just someone I just hope will be good some day.    

2 hours ago, kdog said:

Daniel Norris headed for groin surgery. He will be transferred to the 60 day dl.

I wonder it he has been avoiding coming clean about that - would certainly explain where the missing FB mph are. And he recovers as well as  Verlander did....

..... not that I am going to hold my breath.

whoa, MLB finally got audio overlay going. of course, it's not well-synched, but I guess it's something at least.

Blaine Hardy deserves to be called up.     He's been incredible at AAA.     I know they'd have to drop someone from the roster.  I am sure out of the 40 people on it, they can afford to drop one.  

When I hear the words “groin injury“ I wince and take it personally. FYI, they called up Chad Bell too. 

5 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

Zimmermann is going to start scuffing the ball leading to dominance until he gets caught. You heard it here first 

Ole Sandy Zimmermann making me look like a genius so far

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

Ole Sandy Zimmermann making me look like a genius so far

Nickname is Gritty.

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Nickname is Gritty.

I like it, he's getting older, he has to be gritty to hang in the league

1 minute ago, NickCantCatch said:

Way to go Zim.  Best I've seen him pitch in about year?

I would be more encouraged if it was someone other than Tampa Bay but I’ll take what I can get.

Are there a lot of low-scoring contests throughout baseball this year,  or are the Tigers just lost in this cycle of despair by themselves? 

14 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I would be more encouraged if it was someone other than Tampa Bay but I’ll take what I can get.

The Rays are just off an 8 game win streak so he shut out a hot team anyway.  Like Leland always said:  "It's not who you play but when you play em" and the Rays are hot.  Good job for Zimm.  Let us hope that this is something for Jordan to build on.  

• Like 1

Seriously, I look forwards to when at least half of this pitching staff is gone, ffs.