Keepleyland2

4/24 @7:05 Detroit Tigers vs Pittsburgh Pirates

Tigers-Pirates game tonight has been postponed. It will be made up as part of a traditional doubleheader beginning at 4:05 p.m. on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

at least it isn't freezing rain

Optimist. 

8 hours ago, tiger337 said:

DbgnK7XXUAA3YhO.jpg

Oh, that's great.  Parrish is kneeling, Whitaker on the left, Trammell in the center.  But who is on the right?  Is it Lemon?

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Doubleheader?  That doesn't mean they are bringing back VerHagen, does it?

Do they have Martinez play 1st in one of the games?

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Oh, that's great.  Parrish is kneeling, Whitaker on the left, Trammell in the center.  But who is on the right?  Is it Lemon?

Yes I think that that is Chester.  Strength up the middle, you could call that photo.  They are all pretty young but Lou already has that weird pot belly.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Yes I think that that is Chester.  Strength up the middle, you could call that photo.  They are all pretty young but Lou already has that weird pot belly.

Yeah, I remember an article in the newspaper or maybe one of the yearbooks about "strength up the middle plus one" and the plus one was Gibson.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Doubleheader?  That doesn't mean they are bringing back VerHagen, does it?

Verhagen is not on the 40 man roster and is probably on waivers right now.

Also, I don’t think they get a 26th man for doubleheaders that are scheduled on such short notice. 

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Do they have Martinez play 1st in one of the games?

It’s Niko time. 

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

It’s Niko time. 

Probably true.  McCant and Hicks each get a game behind the plate.  Candelario and Castellanos get both games.  Jones and Machado are young enough to handle it.  Iglesias might get a game off, so,.... oh man,.... a double shot of Niko today?

Happy Niko Day everyone.

17 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Also, I don’t think they get a 26th man for doubleheaders that are scheduled on such short notice. 

Saw a discussion on twtter that suggested they could but logistics and need didn't support it. 

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Probably true.  McCant and Hicks each get a game behind the plate.  Candelario and Castellanos get both games.  Jones and Machado are young enough to handle it.  Iglesias might get a game off, so,.... oh man,.... a double shot of Niko today?

Happy Niko Day everyone.

They can all play both games.  They used to do it all the time when I was a kid.  These modern players are sissies.  

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Saw a discussion on twtter that suggested they could but logistics and need didn't support it. 

I remember looking at this before. The normal 26th man rule does not apply if the doubleheader was a result of postponing the prior game. 

I just looked it up again. You can add the 26th man for game 2 in this situation, but not for both games. 

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

They can all play both games.  They used to do it all the time when I was a kid.  These modern players are sissies.  

They lack grit.

9 hours ago, Shelton said:

I was being sarcastic.