mtutiger

2018 Midterm Elections

the exit polls are very interesting...in a good way...except for the the 50/50 nature of some of the close poll Senate races in Fl and MO

49 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Steve Schmidt is, at this moment on MSNBC, delivering a postmortem of the Republicans' performance in today's election.

Not yet, Steve. Too soon yet.

He projecting what he hopes will happen in a premature fashion. 

6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

the exit polls are very interesting...in a good way...except for the the 50/50 nature of some of the close poll Senate races in Fl and MO

Trump being at 50-49 in Missouri sounds almost too good to be true, tbh.

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Expectation setting....

Remember when Mike Cohen was an RNC Chairman? 

20 minutes ago, pfife said:

Mother nature with impeccable timing again.

flew into Dulles from Orlando (and boy are my arms tired) and we had this wonderful sunset red sky.  Sailor and Trump investigator's delight. 

• Like 1

#1 issue for GOP (today) voter in exits:  Immigration.   F'in idiots.  Played a hand of face cards into 2 of a kind. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

#1 issue for GOP (today) voter in exits:  Immigration.   F'in idiots.  Played a hand of face cards into 2 of a kind. 

41% (!) Healthcare.... 

Who knows if it works, but if that's anywhere near true, that probably explains why Donnelly/McCaskill/etc. have tied themselves to that issue.

Just now, mtutiger said:

41% (!) Healthcare.... 

Who knows if it works, but if that's anywhere near true, that probably explains why Donnelly/McCaskill/etc. have tied themselves to that issue.

as a gun guy who enjoy his weekly trip to the range.  I'm sort of happy that that issue isn't more prominent.  

More from the NBC early exit polls; 65 plus..51% for Trump. Thought it would be higher

66% of first time voters voting Democrat

This was the busiest I have ever seen my polling place. My district tends to lean Democrat so hopefully that is a good sign but nothing was really up for grabs. 

I usually vote around 4pm and the ballots are usually in the 100-300 range for mid terms. I received ballot 1033 today, and when I was leaving they were running out and telling incoming people a 20 minute wait for new ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How would they know?    They're excited about Spice Girls reunion !

Maybe they were were so confused by their weird BDSM predilections and poor dentistry that they leaked something from the exits.  I can out facile you!

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

Maybe they were were so confused by their weird BDSM predilections and poor dentistry that they leaked something from the exits.  I can out facile you!

Victoria Beckham isn't even part of it.   What's the point.   Like a Beatles reunion without John !   

Whatever happens tonight - I have learned that it's easy to thaw out a frozen chicken breast quickly simply by putting it in a bowl of warm water.      Using the microwave dries it out.       Tonight's a victory, no matter what, now !

29 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Whatever happens tonight - I have learned that it's easy to thaw out a frozen chicken breast quickly simply by putting it in a bowl of warm water.      Using the microwave dries it out.       Tonight's a victory, no matter what, now !

And you can drink the water, too. 

• Haha 1