mtutiger

2018 Midterm Elections

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

The leader of the President's defense fund speaks....

The GOP. The party that now supports racism openly, without any regrets. 

• Like 1

I hate cocaine mitch, but this is some pretty great trolling

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, pfife said:

I hate cocaine mitch, but this is some pretty great trolling

Nicely played by Cocaine Mitch.  

Still...it’s a bummer we won’t get to see Blankenship anymore. The entertainment value would have been awesome. 

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm not. Blankenship is an ******* and I'm glad he went down.

Blankenship is a total *******. I’ve just given up on decency and altruism in political candidates, and it would have been fun watching Trumpers squirm as they defended him. 

5 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Blankenship is a total *******. I’ve just given up on decency and altruism in political candidates, and it would have been fun watching Trumpers squirm as they defended him. 

Blankenship was responsible for the deaths of 29 miners. Nothing entertaining about that 

7 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Blankenship was responsible for the deaths of 29 miners. Nothing entertaining about that 

Yes,  he's a convicted felon and he should still be in prison, not trying to buy his way into power,  power he's already proven he'd abuse. 

7 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Nobody claimed there was anything entertaining about that.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:30 PM, Euphdude said:

Why would Trumpers have squirmed? Blankenship would have been an outstanding triggerer of sputtering liberal outrage, and isn't pwnership of liberals all that really matters?  I think Trumpers would have had a field day with this guy in office, and make no mistake: had he gotten Trump's endorsement, Blankenship would have won that primary handily, and he would have beaten Manchin by a s***load in November.

Trump didn't endorse Blankenship, though, and not because Blankenship's fatal mistake was overseeing the deaths of 29 employees, which means nothing to Trump. It was Blankenship saying he was "Trumpier than Trump", problem being that Trump is still around to remind everyone that no one outTrumps Trump. That's why Trump dumped him, and that's why Blankenship lost.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Why would Trumpers have squirmed? Blankenship would have been an outstanding triggerer of sputtering liberal outrage, and isn't pwnership of liberals all that really matters?  I think Trumpers would have had a field day with this guy in office, and make no mistake: had he gotten Trump's endorsement, Blankenship would have won that primary handily, and he would have beaten Manchin by a s***load in November.

Trump didn't endorse Blankenship, though, and not because Blankenship's fatal mistake was overseeing the deaths of 29 employees, which means nothing to Trump. It was Blankenship saying he was "Trumpier than Trump", problem being that Trump is still around to remind everyone that no one outTrumps Trump. That's why Trump dumped him, and that's why Blankenship lost.

Manchin has been winning there for years as a Conservative Democrat, he would have beaten Blankenship (there are a lot of people in W. Virginia that absolutely hate Don Blankenship).  

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Manchin has been winning there for years as a Conservative Democrat, he would have beaten Blankenship (there are a lot of people in W. Virginia that absolutely hate Don Blankenship).  

Manchin's hardest possible general election opponent (Jenkins) finished second on Tuesday as well.

West Virginia is not a monolithic state politically: it certainly trended majorly toward Trump in 2016, but the southern part of the state (congruent with the WV 3rd District) is very labor friendly and ancestrally Democratic, while Morrissey is the standard run of the mill, anti-union Republican. The map showed it too... Jenkins won big in the 3rd counties, while Morrissey carried the north.

A lot can happen, but I think Manchin wins in November. Especially with Richard Ojeda on the ballot for the Congressional seat.

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

Why would Trumpers have squirmed?

Blankenship would have continued to bring racism and conspiracy theories to the forefront, and Trumpers prefer to keep those things in the backseat.

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Manchin's hardest possible general election opponent (Jenkins) finished second on Tuesday as well.

West Virginia is not a monolithic state politically: it certainly trended majorly toward Trump in 2016, but the southern part of the state (congruent with the WV 3rd District) is very labor friendly and ancestrally Democratic, while Morrissey is the standard run of the mill, anti-union Republican. The map showed it too... Jenkins won big in the 3rd counties, while Morrissey carried the north.

A lot can happen, but I think Manchin wins in November. Especially with Richard Ojeda on the ballot for the Congressional seat.

West Virginia should be a democratic state and up until Newt came along they usually leaned that way.    They voted for Bill Clinton both times, but Al Gore lost there because the Republicans attacked him on clean energy.  

Democrats can take West Virginia back if they stop talking down to them. 

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You think Manchin would have beaten a Trump-endorsed Blankenship in a +42 state controlled by Republicans? I don't agree with that.

3 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Blankenship would have continued to bring racism and conspiracy theories to the forefront, and Trumpers prefer to keep those things in the backseat.

I don't agree with this, either. One of the most forefront aspects of Trumpism is the conspiracy theory.

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Manchin hardest possible general election opponent (Jenkins) finished second on Tuesday as well.

West Virginia is not a monolithic state, politically: it certainly trended majority toward Trump, but the southern part of the state (congruent with the WV 3rd District) is very lavor friendly and ancestrally Democratic, while Morrissey is the standard run of the mill, anti-union Republican. The map showed it too... Jenkins won big in the 3rd counties, while Morrissey carried the north.

Heard a quote on NPR earlier this evening. This was during coverage of a rally for a congressional candidate in Indiania

Man attending rally. “I don’t want anyone with ideas. There are too many ideas.  I just want someone to support Trump”

• Thanks 1

There's no way to know now, but I strongly believe it was the "Trumpier than Trump" comment what sunk him. If he would have made even the pretense of kissing The Ring, or at least didn't say those words, it would have been a slam dunk.

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't agree with this, either. One of the most forefront aspects of Trumpism is the conspiracy theory.

No worries - you’re still my bro’ from another mo’. 👍

The Dems believe every vote should count  - unless it happens to be a Green vote in Montana.

Strange how  these politicians people trust so much are all self serving crooks no matter the party.

Jon Tester Goes To Court To Save His Seat

Sen. Jon Tester of Montana was already facing a tough re-election battle in a state that Donald Trump won by a landslide — and then the Green Party made the Democrat’s job that much tougher by qualifying for the ballot.

Now the Montana Democratic Party is scrambling to oust the Greens. It has asked a judge to decertify the left-wing party by declaring 180 petition signatures invalid for reasons such as bad handwriting, use of initials instead of full names and failure to write in cursive.

The lawsuit, filed April, 2 has the Greens seeing red. They accuse state Democrats of trying to disenfranchise voters in a politically motivated attack.

Maybe I misread the cherries you picked from the article, but it doesn't seem like they're trying to disenfranchise people.   What voters are they trying to disallow from voting?