Keepleyland2

4/21 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

Miggy legs out the sac fly.  He helps his buddy Victor out by hustling home to give Victor an RBI and no at bat

11 minutes ago, diaspora04 said:

Grimm looks like he has earned every bit of his 18.90 ERA.

The grim reaper may soon come calling for Mr Grimm if he keeps up that horrific pitching

I dont expect this team to do much against the obviously better teams (CLE, NYY, BOS, etc)...but it would show a positive upward trend if they can beat up on all the bad/other teams in a similar position.  I'll take being the best of the bads at this point during the new, youth, build.

^hot take! I like the cut of your jib!

If they can stay around .500 all year, they could feasibly be in the mix for a wildcard spot...that would far exceed all expectations, it would be thrilling.  There's only about 7 to (arguably) 10 teams that are legit playoff teams in the league...everyone else is mediocre to bad, so top of that heap would be satisfactory imo.

6 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

^hot take! I like the cut of your jib!

Hmmmmmm,  who's the goat-legged fellow, I like the cut of his jib. 

Uh, Prince of Darkness, sir, he's your 11:00

If you are not going to be good, at least be entertaining.    The Wings were bad and boring this year and I don't think I watched a whole game at any point. 

Lol, Gardy drops a "s$&t" bomb on the live post game presser...gawd I like him so much better than B-rad...

• Like 1

Looking at the standings aside from the Indians only being a game ahead of us I noticed that the Twins have only played 14 games thus far.  It seems like we've had a lot of games postponed yet we still played 5 more than them.  Some teams have played 7 games more than them.  That's pretty crazy.  

1 hour ago, diaspora04 said:

Grimm looks like he has earned every bit of his 18.90 ERA.

There are some great bullpen names around the league this year - Grimm, Bummer.

The Royals are much, much worse than you think. Hoo boy they have the tanking thing down

The Royals, I feel bad for those precise, identical light blue clad Stepford wives and their husbands who populate Kauffman.  It must be terrible to have the sun peak through the clouds for such a short time and then to go away.   I feel badly for them all.  No I don’t I’m lying.  

2 hours ago, kj2018 said:

Miggy legs out the sac fly.  He helps his buddy Victor out by hustling home to give Victor an RBI and no at bat

And Victor scored from 2nd on a single. Turn back the legs day.

But on Victor's sac fly, if it had been dropped by Jay in LF, Victor could have been thrown out at first. He never seemed to have left the home plate area.

Miggy talked for a long time on the post game show today. That's great. Mickey York or somebody said something along the lines of "it's great when Miggy is talking." Shouldn't the media let us know when someone isn't talking? Isn't that their responsibility?

At least we don't have guys who don't talk to the media anymore. George Hendrick, Steve Carlton, Eddie Murray.

I am very excited about Jacoby Jones.  I had written him off.  He couldn't put the ball in play the past two years.  He reminds me of the Red Sox Jackie Bradley Jr. who struggled for a couple of years and then all of a sudden the light went on.  The light is on for Jacoby Jones.  He looks like Mike Trout's younger brother or something. 

2 hours ago, kdog said:

The Royals are much, much worse than you think. Hoo boy they have the tanking thing down

Would you take that to have had a title in 2015?     I sure would.  

1 hour ago, NickCantCatch said:

I am very excited about Jacoby Jones.  I had written him off.  He couldn't put the ball in play the past two years.  He reminds me of the Red Sox Jackie Bradley Jr. who struggled for a couple of years and then all of a sudden the light went on.  The light is on for Jacoby Jones.  He looks like Mike Trout's younger brother or something. 

He certainly has strength & speed.   Maybe all it takes is shutting his brain off and having fun with it.   He is more patient this year, that is absolutely noticeable.    Without the expectations for the team to contend I think a lot of these guys are free to have some fun out there.  Think about this year vs. last year -  Miggy is healthy.   Victor is as healthy as he's ever gonna be.   Nick has a lot of personal problems seemingly in his rear view mirror.  Plus you put in the new energy of a new skipper.    I have been saying this team is better than we think they are, but I was thinking more a long the lines of 68 wins instead of less than 63.   I may have to rethink that a little bit.  Maybe they can win 75 games.   They get to play KC & Chicago a lot,  that'll help. 

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He certainly has strength & speed.   Maybe all it takes is shutting his brain off and having fun with it.   He is more patient this year, that is absolutely noticeable.    Without the expectations for the team to contend I think a lot of these guys are free to have some fun out there.  Think about this year vs. last year -  Miggy is healthy.   Victor is as healthy as he's ever gonna be.   Nick has a lot of personal problems seemingly in his rear view mirror.  Plus you put in the new energy of a new skipper.    I have been saying this team is better than we think they are, but I was thinking more a long the lines of 68 wins instead of less than 63.   I may have to rethink that a little bit.  Maybe they can win 75 games.   They get to play KC & Chicago a lot,  that'll help. 

During the game on FSD, they were talking about how Nick was and staying loose and confident, and Gibby also said as much pertaining to success in the game, at all levels.  I agree 100%. Having confidence and staying loose is huge in sports (and life for that matter)...it's a sometimes under-valued intagible imo.  Confidence can be transformative...and not talking about "arrogance", totally separate things.

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Mea Culpa. This is not a 105 loss team as I thought. I have a bet with a friend that Detroit would be worse than Cincinnati. The bet is a Olivia serie V Melanio Robusto (5 inch x 52 gauge) cigar. It appears I am going to lose that bet. No matter. I am going to enjoy watching the Tigers play.