Keepleyland2

4/15 @1:10 New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers

Just a question.......Can any of the Tiger pitchers hit?     If so, I could see this team doing something like the Padres did yesterday.  Only, instead of pinch hitting for a pitcher, the Tigers might just pinch hit for any of the 4 hitters at the bottom of their order.

http://www.12up.com/posts/6031296-the-padres-made-some-really-embarrassing-mlb-history-on-thursday?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=FBADS&utm_campaign=US5498

5 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Luis Serverino vs Francisco Liriano

First of two Luiss...luises?....Luisi?....Luisecy?

Luii.

Everything covered in ice.    Big chunk of my tree came down.    I live 8 miles from the stadium,   I don't think they're playing at 1pm.   Maybe later, but not 1pm. 

Image may contain: house, tree and outdoor

I think that 3 weekend into the season the Tigers are the only team that hasn't played outside of the Great Lakes or in an indoor stadium.   We already suck, they don't need to make it worse.  

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Everything covered in ice.    Big chunk of my tree came down.    I live 8 miles from the stadium,   I don't think they're playing at 1pm.   Maybe later, but not 1pm. 

Image may contain: house, tree and outdoor

Why is that FBI surveillance van across the street?   Are you in the garbage business?

18 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Why is that FBI surveillance van across the street?   Are you in the garbage business?

No, no,  that's the Free Candy van in my neighborhood.

• Like 1

If this was the Tigers-Royals or Tigers-White Sox I would guess they wouldn't bother making up both games at a later date - maybe just one.    But the Yankees are expected to be in the playoff chase and I doubt the Red Sox, Indians, Astros and other playoff teams would want them with 161.      

Leading the league in weather related issues.  Huzzah!

I think, if I was looking at the weather map correctly, this weather system stretched from the gulf into Canada.  That's a pretty formidable one.

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If this was the Tigers-Royals or Tigers-White Sox I would guess they wouldn't bother making up both games at a later date - maybe just one.    But the Yankees are expected to be in the playoff chase and I doubt the Red Sox, Indians, Astros and other playoff teams would want them with 161.      

Its April 15th.  There's still a bit of time to shoehorn in a pair of make up games.  Its not ideal, but what can you do?

June 4th, 11th, and 18th are common off days.  Both teams are hovering around this side of the country (either at home or on the road).  They can do some solo games on two of those dates.  Again, not ideal, but what are you going to do?  July 30th is also a common off day with both teams at home for the series before and after.  September 6th and 13th are also common off days, but I would think they would prefer to make these up sooner rather than later.

I don't know what the weather is in the D, but it is raining pretty hard in Rochester.  I would guess that these games are going to be called off real soon.

10 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

I don't know what the weather is in the D, but it is raining pretty hard in Rochester.  I would guess that these games are going to be called off real soon.

It's not just that it's raining, its that many roads are iced over (north of the city) too.     I think it would be insane to try to play the first game.      

This isn't going to let up all day.     Just call the games.   Why put any player/employee/fan through any of this?   

For sure.  If I'm an owner, a player, and as a fan, I'd take 2 games in June over 2 outs in this crap every time

4 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

For sure.  If I'm an owner, a player, and as a fan, I'd take 2 games in June over 2 outs in this crap every time

But so many logistics involved.   

First game is officially postponed.   

I wonder if they'll let the Yankees know about it?

I know MLB has done this in the past (Indians playing a home series in Milwaukee), but both Milwaukee's and Toronto's indoor stadiums sat empty this weekend.  Knowing this was coming they could have maybe tried something.    White Sox/Twins,   and Tigers lost most of a series and ironically the Blue Jays playing at Cleveland did too.  

WORST.SPRING.EVER

Does anyone realize that all 5 AL Central teams are at the bottom in total hit totals for all of major league baseball? I'm sure this is do to playing in lousy weather and not playing as many games.  It certainly couldn't be that these teams are bad.  :(

1 minute ago, roarintiger1 said:

Does anyone realize that all 5 AL Central teams are at the bottom in total hit totals for all of major league baseball? I'm sure this is do to playing in lousy weather and not playing as many games.  It certainly couldn't be that these teams are bad.  :(

No, they're pretty bad, but this isn't helping.    (and I know you were being sarcastic).