Keepleyland2

4/13 @7:10 New York Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers

24 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I'm still PO'd about the nonsense from last night about Fulmer 'improving his pitching to contact;' I sure as heII hope that was just interpolation from FSD and not anything they got from the team - though I've heard Fulmer talk along the same line so he seems to have bought it.

Can a team that is supposedly beefing up its analytics actually be so incapable of understanding numbers not to see that Ks are exactly what win championships in this era? Is Fulmer so dense as a player not to know it?

I'm here with a hug if you have trouble sleeping. 

BTW, I saw Daz Cameron make a heck of a play in right last Monday night.  He ran down a ball in deep right center that I didn't think he had a chance on it.  It was Willie Mays stuff.  He swung that bat well too. 

31 minutes ago, NickCantCatch said:

Nick plays right field like a natural designated hitter.  I wonder if Nick will be the first player ever to make an error at DH?  

Good question.  It used to be said of the Tigers' minor league player Dean Green that he could hurt you with his glove, even at DH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Good question.  It used to be said of the Tigers' minor league player Dean Green that he could hurt you with his glove, even at DH.

Dean is now with the New Jersey Jackals in the CanAm league along with Mat Latos. The Tigers cut him after 2016, a season in which he accumulated 108 RBI in 130 games.

Pretty amazing season. Mike Hessman never had 108 RBI.

Iglesias bumped his slugging percentage up to .154, I wonder if he got tested after the game?

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Aint gonna be no games Saturday or Sunday.   

How is that possible?  We're past April 10.

8 hours ago, NickCantCatch said:

Nick plays right field like a natural designated hitter.  I wonder if Nick will be the first player ever to make an error at DH?  

No, Elmn has that honor.

Some say if you look closely in the OF at US Cellular you can still see Delmon twirling around trying to catch the fly ball.  

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Can't wait for the OF bookends of Stewart and Castellanos.  Combine that with the pitch to contact philosophy.  Cue the Benny Hill music.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Some say if you look closely in the OF at US Cellular you can still see Delmon twirling around trying to catch the fly ball.  

I still can't believe the Russian judge undercut him on style points on that play.

9 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm here with a hug if you have trouble sleeping. 

thanks, but down makes me sneeze...

The PawSox beat Lewicki like a pinata last night.  10 H, 2 BB, 2 SO, 8 ER in 2 2/3 IP.  Deuce was an ofer.  Must'of been a helluva night before chasing tail around the glass city.  But that's what happens when there's a day game ahead of a night game.  It just gives the boys a few extra hours earlier on to carouse around.

As for Iggy's SLG%, I like the guy but this is horrible.  Salary has no correlation to performance on this team.  

On 4/14/2018 at 8:30 AM, Casimir said:

The PawSox beat Lewicki like a pinata last night.  10 H, 2 BB, 2 SO, 8 ER in 2 2/3 IP.  Deuce was an ofer.  Must'of been a helluva night before chasing tail around the glass city.  But that's what happens when there's a day game ahead of a night game.  It just gives the boys a few extra hours earlier on to carouse around.

They were playing poker until two in the morning.  And they spent the rest of the morning enjoying their winnings.  Who knew Toledo could be so much fun?

9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

They were playing poker until two in the morning.  And they spent the rest of the morning enjoying their winnings.  Who knew Toledo could be so much fun?

I think that Jim did, he was there long enough last year, especially at the end of the season, to see the potential.