Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Offseason

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If you were presented with Battier or Billups, where would your preference lie?

Battier.  He took the initiative to go out and get an assistant front office job.  Billups went into TV and just expects a job to be given to him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Battier.  He took the initiative to go out and get an assistant front office job.  Billups went into TV and just expects a job to be given to him.

Do we know that he even wants a job? The rumors are out there, but I haven't seen him confirm interest.

But I'd agree. I like that Battier got his hands dirty and worked on the "nerdy" side of the front office after his playing days. 

Rumor is the new Pistons President/GM is excellent at wheelin and dealin. He is even better at cheepin and shapin. I have high hopes for his tenure.

A9956_C04-_FEDF-4_C3_D-_AA74-18_F73_BF56

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Do we know that he even wants a job? The rumors are out there, but I haven't seen him confirm interest.

But I'd agree. I like that Battier got his hands dirty and worked on the "nerdy" side of the front office after his playing days. 

I would guess he takes the GM job if offered.  If they just offer another assistant job like he has now, I imagine he stays in Miami.  

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I would guess he takes the GM job if offered.  If they just offer another assistant job like he has now, I imagine he stays in Miami.  

Sorry, I mean Billups. Are we sure he even wants a front office job?

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Didn't Battier have a rep as a brainy kid all the way back to when he was  being recruited?

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, Billups wants a front office job.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/11/chauncey-billups-getting-career-advice-from-knicks-front-office/

I still think it might be tough for him in the #metoo era. 

Thanks for the link, seems like he has interest. 

But considering Isiah Thomas & Billups both have lucrative TV jobs, I am not sure there will be a huge push against him if he gets hired by a front office. Even this Patricia controversy has largely blown over. Once the season starts, there will be little to no mention of it. 

14 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Didn't Battier have a rep as a brainy kid all the way back to when he was  being recruited?

Yeah, his reputation as a player was that he was always the smartest guy on the court. Coaches loved his preparation and basketball IQ. 

57 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Noooooo.

Terrible. Casey is not a good coach.

I don't think Casey is as poor a coach as you guys are making him out to be but consider me uninspired if he's the hire. 

I'd rather they go for a young up and coming coach like Stackhouse than an old retread but realistically, are there many better options than Casey out there?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, Deleterious said:

Did you see his quote just before being fired? Saying this sweep was better than the last one since this one had some close games. 

**** that guy.

lol del.

theyre going to hire casey and make tayshaun an assiatant coach.  then they'll keep bower as gm.

just to **** with you.  :)

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

lol del.

theyre going to hire casey and make tayshaun an assiatant coach.  then they'll keep bower as gm.

just to **** with you.  :)

I did grow up near the same area as Gores. Maybe I hit on his sister and this is his $300M revenge plot.

The Detroit Pistons have hired Grizzlies executive Ed Stefanski as a senior adviser responsible for overhauling the franchise's basketball operations, he told ESPN on Thursday. He will assess the current front office and oversee the process of hiring a GM and coach in Detroit's post-Stan Van Gundy era.

Also: 

The Pistons' new front office, centered on Stefanski, will look closely at hiring a rising front-office executive in a general-manager-type role, league sources said. Brooklyn Nets assistant general manager Trajan Langdon met with Detroit officials to discuss such a high-level role and will remain a serious candidate, league sources said.

Television analyst Brent Barry, a 15-year NBA veteran and two-time champion, is a front-runner to land in a complementary role in the Pistons' front office. Popular ex-Pistons player Tayshaun Prince -- who is completing his first year in the Memphis front office -- will be a strong candidate to join Stefanski in Detroit, too, league sources said.

And while I don't think Hammon, Battier, and Prince have enough experience for the jobs.  I would prefer all three to hiring retreads like Casey.  

The Pistons have contracted Matt Millen Disease, with symptoms that include the belief that sounding good on TV is the primary skill needed to run an entire franchise.

18 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The Pistons have contracted Matt Millen Disease, with symptoms that include the belief that sounding good on TV is the primary skill needed to run an entire franchise.

They haven't hired anyone from a TV booth....

3 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

They haven't hired anyone from a TV booth....

Not yet.

5 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Not yet.

On the front office front, Battier, Langdan and Prince are not from TV.  On the coaching front, Casey & Hammon are not from TV.

The only name I have heard who fits the TV mold is Brent Barry. 

hard to get excited about ed stefanski.  im not even sure who told gores to hire him?  tellum? 

regardless, lets see who stefanski hires before we make any judgments.