Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Offseason

Get Gores a headset.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/pistons-go-high-tech-nba-draft-combine-and-meet-heavy-dose-point-guards

CHICAGO – The Pistons have gone cutting edge at the combine.

Several players who said they interviewed with the Pistons talked of being outfitted with a virtual-reality headset to gauge their ability to make the right reads and decisions.

“They didn’t really ask any tricky questions,” Kansas point guard Devonte Graham said of his interview with the Pistons. “They did a virtual reality where I was like in the headphones and goggles and I was making plays – see if you made the right reads and stuff like that. It was cool.”

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It isn't NBA money.  But terrible players can still make a nice living playing basketball.

Good for Daye. 

Bust of a draft pick, but he is gonna walk away from pro basketball with some great memories (NBA championship & Euro Cup Championship) and a whole lot of money. 

13 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Thanks, Buddha.  

She's the fifth assistant coach for the Spurs.  The only reason she's on anyone's radar is because she's a woman, despite what the usual pearl clutchers on here say.

Oh wait, Pau Gasol wrote an article on the Players Tribune so she must be awesome.  Got it.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, NYLion said:

She might have more coaching experience but Kidd and Fisher have been around the NBA landscape their entire adult lives, they are very experienced dealing with NBA players and them being guards, they were sort of the extension of their coach on the floor especially in Kidd's case. There's a big difference between being WNBA experienced and NBA experienced so with all due respect to the women's game, her WNBA experience doesn't really mean much in this case.

Also, and I know some people don't want to hear this, it's going to be a lot tougher for her as a woman to command the respect of a bunch of men. This is still a society where there are men who feel uncomfortable with women bosses especially in the sports world where it's unprecedented to have a woman coaching men and while that's unfair, that's just the reality of the situation.  I don't doubt that she's a great basketball mind but there are hurdles she has to climb that men simply don't have to.

and they both failed miserably, so lets keep that model...

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Motown Bombers said:

I'm guessing one should interview the entire Spurs staff. 

This

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Motown Bombers said:

I'm not sure if a woman can command that kind of respect. 

What this boils down to in the end...

Yikes!

If Hammon knows her stuff she will be respected.  If not, she will be Keustered, just like a lot of male coaches have been.

I doubt players were giving Brad Stevens a ton of respect at the start.  Some nerdy little white guy who never played pro basketball.  But the man knows his stuff and won his players over.  If Hammon knows her stuff she will be fine.

Yep, I don't doubt that it was easier for Jason kidd to have the players respect initially, but once it was clear he was an idiot his teams had plenty of problems 

Some reports today that Dallas will go after DeAndre Jordan this summer in free agency.

I guess I wont have to feel bad for them when he screws them a second time.

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Trade him.

If the message of this video is "Andre is working on developing an out-of-control 3-point shot with a defender in his face", I'll pass.

I am praying to God Andre starts jacking up contested threes next year. If we're going to be bad we might as well be entertaining 

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Drummond can develop a halfway decent midrange jumper that ultimately helps our offense? A lot of you guys were convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would never be able to hit a free throw. He increased his FTA/game and increased his FT% by 22%. Why is this impossible? 

Nobody is expecting him to become a lights out shooter. But there were articles published last year that Drummond has been working on a midrange jumper for a couple years now, but wanted to continue working on the shot before bringing it into his game. 

8 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Drummond can develop a halfway decent midrange jumper that ultimately helps our offense?

It's plausible, but with today's game that's either shoot in the pant or jack 3s, I'm not sure if developing a mid-range jumper is practical.

Just now, Euphdude said:

It's plausible, but with today's game that's either shoot in the pant or jack 3s, I'm not sure if developing a mid-range jumper is practical.

That is the thing.  He has been working on developing the most inefficient shot in the game?

**** me.

• Like 1

So you'd rather he not have a midrange shot? That will never be a significant part of his game. But being able to take/make that shot opens up spacing for the rest of the team. If he was focused exclusively on 3 point shots, you guys would still be complaining. 

I have never seen such resistance to a 24 year old player trying to extend his range, especially when he has not even been shooting these shots in game. He is literally practicing in the off-season. 

6 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I have never seen such resistance to a 24 year old player trying to extend his range, especially when he has not even been shooting these shots in game. He is literally practicing in the off-season. 

The game is structured to benefit close range or 3 point shots.  Mid-range jumpers are inefficient and poo-poo'd on.  If Andre can develop a 3 point shot that he can drain >30% of the time, it might be worth the time.

I would much rather that Andre worked on post moves or passing than a useless mid range jumper, yes. On a team with Blake why would you ever want andre facing up fifteen feet from the basket? 

17 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

I would much rather that Andre worked on post moves or passing than a useless mid range jumper, yes. On a team with Blake why would you ever want andre facing up fifteen feet from the basket? 

He can be doing both...

• Sad 1

You might want to look at how inefficient he is when he's right next to rim before you start thinking about whether or not he can extend his range. And the Hibbert article absolutely does apply to Dre. If you've been watching the playoffs you know that the Center is dead in the NBA. The problem isn't just on the offensive end with spacing, it's also on the defensive end with screens, switches, covering shooters, and defending playmakers.