Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Offseason

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Sort of an odd video from one of the Hawks owners.

And no. She doesn't have a square to spare.

Women love to play dress up. Even better is when they can put it on social media. . 

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

GTFO.

I don't see any way that Bower comes back. Gores let SVG go for a reason, replacing him with Bower isn't the way he will go. To me, this reads as a respectful "we will give him a shot" type deal. 

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

GTFO.

Are NBA teams blacklisting Sam Hinkie after the 76'ers tank job? I would think he'd be a guy at least on our interview list.

14 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Are NBA teams blacklisting Sam Hinkie after the 76'ers tank job? I would think he'd be a guy at least on our interview list.

I don't think he won any friends with that resignation letter.  And I doubt teams are in a hurry to hire a guy who was basically fired by the commissioner of the league.  

Give it a few years.  

If I was interviewing candidates for the GM job I would ask two questions.

What are your plans for Andre Drummond and how soon can you make that trade happen?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I don't think he won any friends with that resignation letter.  And I doubt teams are in a hurry to hire a guy who was basically fired by the commissioner of the league.  

Give it a few years.  

That resignation letter dragged on a ridiculous amount.

There's a tendency it seems in sports to go in the complete opposite direction from what you just had. Gores went with the well-known name in SVG. I hope he doesn't just look for a big name this time.  Personally I'd like to see what Becky Hammon can do with her own team, but it will take the right people in the front office to put her in a position to win.

what has becky hammonds done to earn a job as an nba head coach other than be a woman?

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

what has becky hammonds done to earn a job as an nba head coach other than be a woman?

Admittedly probably not as much as others, but that may very well be from lack of opportunity as well. I'm enamored with the culture Popovich has built in San Antonio.

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

There are guys like Jason Kidd & Derrick Fisher who got head coaching jobs with zero previous coaching experience. Hammon has been a part of San Antonio's staff since 2014.

If Kidd, Fisher and others get a shot based on their playing careers and potential, why shouldn't Hammon?

5 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

There are guys like Jason Kidd & Derrick Fisher who got head coaching jobs with zero previous coaching experience. Hammon has been a part of San Antonio's staff since 2014.

If Kidd, Fisher and others get a shot based on their playing careers and potential, why shouldn't Hammon?

Jason Kidd is a hall of fame caliber who spent 19 seasons playing in the NBA. Becky Hammon has been an assistant coach for four years. If she wasn't a woman, no one would know or care who she is. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jason Kidd is a hall of fame caliber who spent 19 seasons playing in the NBA. Becky Hammon has been an assistant coach for four years. If she wasn't a woman, no one would know or care who she is. 

Hammon is one of the greatest women's basketball players of all time. Her resume in college, the WNBA and Olympics is remarkable. You can downplay that and say it doesn't count, but she clearly has an incredible basketball mind. Popovich wouldn't have her coaching his players if she wasn't up to par.

Also, being a great player doesn't necessarily translate to being a good coach (look at the long list of failed head coaches who were players). Kidd & Fisher were given shots to prove themselves as being capable. Hammon has more NBA coaching experience than either of them did. 

8 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:
Hammon is one of the greatest women's basketball players of all time. Her resume in college, the WNBA and Olympics is remarkable. You can downplay that and say it doesn't count, but she clearly has an incredible basketball mind. Popovich wouldn't have her coaching his players if she wasn't up to par.

Also, being a great player doesn't necessarily translate to being a good coach (look at the long list of failed head coaches who were players). Kidd & Fisher were given shots to prove themselves as being capable. Hammon has more NBA coaching experience than either of them did. 

They had more playing experience in the NBA and Kidd in particular was considered to be a leader of his team that made it to the Finals twice. There are probably a dozen assistants in the NBA with as much experience as Hammon that aren't even getting mentioned. 

11 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Exactly. She's far ahead in experience on Kidd and Fisher. If she seems worthy, don't be afraid to hire her over gender

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

They had more playing experience in the NBA and Kidd in particular was considered to be a leader of his team that made it to the Finals twice. There are probably a dozen assistants in the NBA with as much experience as Hammon that aren't even getting mentioned. 

Its not an experience job 

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

Exactly. She's far ahead in experience on Kidd and Fisher. If she seems worthy, don't be afraid to hire her over gender

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

Its not an experience job 

Did you literally just contradict yourself in consecutive posts?

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Did you literally just contradict yourself in consecutive posts?

No, I just responded to two separate silly assertions appropriately. She has more experience than them, and experience isn't going to be why she gets the job. Any more questions?