Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Offseason

I posted the question about Becky Hammon being interviewed by the Pistons and then the board gets shut down?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I posted the question about Becky Hammon being interviewed by the Pistons and then the board gets shut down?

My initial thought was let some other team deal with the media circus that this would entail. 

Then I thought, why not. The Pistons are pretty much stuck with what they have which is 2 players who are paid a lot of the cap space who will miss a lot of time with injury. 

The new GM will get to select a coach I hope. 

Everyone with the Spurs (coaches, players & front office) says she is a good young coach. Pau Gasol recently penned a letter on how she is a great basketball mind.

I'd give her an interview, and being a woman doesn't factor into any of this. 

Pretty confident she will get a head coach job someday. Just not sure she is ready yet.

She is the fourth or fifth assistant on the Spurs. She doesn't even sit on the bench.

I know players get jobs with no coaching experience, but they usually had long careers in the league. They have been around systems and the culture. And no, the WNBA isn't the same thing.

The good news for her, one Spurs assistant already took a job and I think another is in the running for another. So maybe she will get promoted and maybe even be tasked with running an offense or defense.

were going to hire dwayne casey, arent we?

45 minutes ago, Buddha said:

We could certainly do worse. His hiring wouldn't excite me, but I can see why you would want to hire an experienced head coach who has had consistent regular season success. 

50 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Has Gores heard of him?

3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Has Gores heard of him?

Say what you will, but Gores hired SVG when this franchise had almost no talent on the roster. SVG chose this franchise over Golden State. Granted, the front office role was crucial in him accepting. But Gores did take a shot on a guy nearly everyone respected as a good coach. 

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

I'm not a big fan but are there any "can't miss" candidates out there?  Budenholzer would be a pretty good hire but he didn't get his team that far in the playoffs either, similar results to Casey actually.  Stackhouse would be an interesting hire but he has no experience.  Who else?  Monty Williams?  Meh.  

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Did you see his quote just before being fired? Saying this sweep was better than the last one since this one had some close games. 

**** that guy.

Did he really say that?  Ok, cross him off my list.  Don't want that losers mentality here

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Did you see his quote just before being fired? Saying this sweep was better than the last one since this one had some close games. 

**** that guy.

He said that? I must have missed it. 

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Did he really say that?  Ok, cross him off my list.  Don't want that losers mentality here

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/5/10/17339232/toronto-raptors-future-masai-ujiri-dwane-casey-culture-reset-future

“There’s a huge gap I think we closed between the first 4-0 and the second 4-0,” Casey said. “That 4-0 is very, I think, deceiving. You had two games by what, one point and two points. So the gap is closing.”

The draft lottery is tomorrow night.

We keep the pick if we move into the top 3.  The pick is top 4 protected.  But we can only move into the top 3.

37 minutes ago, Buddha said:

that would be dumb so thats what i expect them to do.

I would like them to really buy into the stupidity.  Hire the assistants before the coach.  

18 hours ago, NYLion said:

Why not? The coach will have to learn to accept that anyway. The Pistons are not going to win until some of these bad contracts expire. 

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I would like them to really buy into the stupidity.  Hire the assistants before the coach.  

I see you are on the tanking team. Which I completely understand in the NBA. 

43 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I see you are on the tanking team. Which I completely understand in the NBA. 

Yeah, that is definitely my preferred style. 

The Pistons officially do not have a 1st round pick this year.  They failed to move up.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, Buddha said:

I saw a news blurb recently that the Raptors are "unlikely" to target SVG as their next head coach

Haven't had a laugh that good about something relating to Pistons basketball in awhile

Sort of an odd video from one of the Hawks owners.

And no. She doesn't have a square to spare.