Sydney_Fife

2018 Pistons Offseason

15 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

How much sleep you losing over 4% of the cap. It was the same amount of total cap space in the end either way. Just as good a chance we'd have used it on a Langston Galloway this year too

do you think it was a good idea to stretch josh smith?

would it have been a better idea to trade him to sacramento for derrick williams and junk?

Daryl Morey did an AMA on Reddit yesterday.

[–]trowaman 367 points 18 hours ago 

What’s the biggest/most interesting trade you ever had lined up that came close but fell through? This doesn’t have to be a last minute fall through, just close but no cigar.

embed

save

give gold

[–][–]dmorey[S] 627 points 18 hours ago* 

This is tough is it needs to involve players no longer in the league. You also don't ever really know how close you are to a trade until it is done as there are so many approval levels in most teams decision making unit. We think we were very close on a large Chauncey Billups deal in I believe 2008 that would have been very positive.

Can we just fast forward to next June?  Next year is going to be a throw away season as we wait for Stan to get fired (if it doesn't happen this year).  

I wonder if Washington would break up their big three and trade us Porter and Gortat for Drummond, Bullock, and Ish Smith.  

13 minutes ago, Hart said:

Can we just fast forward to next June?  Next year is going to be a throw away season as we wait for Stan to get fired (if it doesn't happen this year).  

I wonder if Washington would break up their big three and trade us Porter and Gortat for Drummond, Bullock, and Ish Smith.  

They would not.

The Pistons cap number including all cap holds is $130,011,641.

Minus cap holds it's $116,961,857 with only 11 players signed.

Minus cap holds and all non-guaranteed contracts their cap number is $114,253,181 with only 9 players signed.

Go here and select the Pistons for the best salary cap site on the net. 

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Gores better slow down with his SVG meeting. 

Season has been over for a week. We need a decision on his future like...... now.

Maybe that Jrue Holiday contract wasn't so bad after all.  

Never thought much at all of Alvin Gentry as a coach.  But he completely out coached Stotts in that series.  Those screen traps totally took Dame out of the game and he never got going.

There will be a lot of trade rumors around Dame this summer.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:43 PM, Deleterious said:

Never thought much at all of Alvin Gentry as a coach.  But he completely out coached Stotts in that series.  Those screen traps totally took Dame out of the game and he never got going.

To be fair, Portland wasn't going to last long in the playoffs. They're a classic regular season team. Last in the league in assists means they depend way too much on 1 on 1 play to be successful in the playoffs where defenses kick it up a notch.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:43 PM, Deleterious said:

I've always been a fan of Jrue, and thought he had the ability to be a good starting PG. He was great for NO in that Blazers series and helping them get a series win means the Pelicans had a successful season. 

It'll be interesting to see how they approach Cousins' impending free agency. 

is it possible that gores is waiting to meet with svg until he has lined up a replacement behind the scenes?

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

is it possible that gores is waiting to meet with svg until he has lined up a replacement behind the scenes?

They already met.  Well, they were scheduled to meet in the middle of April.  I guess it's possible they never did.

He's coming back.

59 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They already met.  Well, they were scheduled to meet in the middle of April.  I guess it's possible they never did.

He's coming back.

you shut your mouth.

You don't wait this long to fire your coach. If he was going to be gone, he would have been fired by now. 

I bet the hold up is adjusting his role and the search for his GM replacement.  He'll probably just be head coach now.

I have a bad feeling that Andre will attempt to develop a 3PT shot this summer.

Who does SVG think he is that he can "resist" any changes Gores wants to make? What leverage does he possibly think he has? He's lucky that Gores is willing to move forward with him at all in any capacity.

16 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I have a bad feeling that Andre will attempt to develop a 3PT shot this summer.

Underhanded?