Keepleyland2

4/12 @6:10 Cleveland Indians vs. Detroit Tigers

16 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Here come the Tigers!

Never say die!

33 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Give it to him and use the ABs to develop youngsters.   

Are there youngsters that are ready for the ABs in majors?

I'd fine with using Cabrera at DH and calling up Deuce or whomever for 1B.  Heck, let them flip flop 1B & DH duties.

Swepted in 4 games.

At least the weather is better.

Mario and Rod (or Gibby) always talk about how great it is that Fulmer is not concerned about missing bats so he can go deeper into games. Can we all agree that this theory is ****? Especially in 2018. I really hope this isn’t the philosophy of the coaching staff. 

2B257D45-79F6-4747-BBEA-31E6C115A4FB.jpeg

I’m seeing ugly times ahead. The White Sux series may have been the apex of the season. 

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

I’m seeing ugly times ahead. The White Sux series may have been the apex of the season. 

They only swept that series because of the weather. It canceled both teams out with the bat basically. 

We are just playing for the #1 pick again. 

6 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It probably was.  Well, there might be another sweep at some point, but 4-4 is certainly going to be the apex.

This is honestly about the worst start we could have realistically gotten.  Maybe not from a record standpoint but from a player development/performance standpoint.  Basically all the key players that we would hope to be apart of our future haven't looked good.  Miggy looks just as bad if not worse than last year, Castellanos looks pedestrian at best, Candalario hasn't looked good offensively,  Norris looks like complete crap and Fulmer's stuff has looked much worse than it ever has.   

Really the only bright spot may be Boyd, but other than him anybody who is performing well is likely not going to be apart of the team long term anyway so it doesn't matter. 

I mean we all figured we'd be bad but I'd hope it would be because of the lack of depth in the offense outside of the "killer" C's and the usually suspects being horrible on the mound(Zimm, Liriano or any non Greene reliever) not for the reasons they have been. 

30 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

This is honestly about the worst start we could have realistically gotten.  Maybe not from a record standpoint but from a player development/performance standpoint.  Basically all the key players that we would hope to be apart of our future haven't looked good.  Miggy looks just as bad if not worse than last year, Castellanos looks pedestrian at best, Candalario hasn't looked good offensively,  Norris looks like complete crap and Fulmer's stuff has looked much worse than it ever has.   

Really the only bright spot may be Boyd, but other than him anybody who is performing well is likely not going to be apart of the team long term anyway so it doesn't matter. 

I mean we all figured we'd be bad but I'd hope it would be because of the lack of depth in the offense outside of the "killer" C's and the usually suspects being horrible on the mound(Zimm, Liriano or any non Greene reliever) not for the reasons they have been. 

Martin, who sucks, is the best hitter on the team right now after a couple of multi-hit games and is the only guy with an OPS over .800.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This team isn't as bad as you think it is.

Lol

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Worse

They'll be OK once they start playing crappy teams again.  There are a lot them this year.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cabrera is the one that is disappointing. A lot of talk about the productivity of the off-season but so far no evidence that much has changed.

1 hour ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Mario and Rod (or Gibby) always talk about how great it is that Fulmer is not concerned about missing bats so he can go deeper into games. Can we all agree that this theory is ****? Especially in 2018. I really hope this isn’t the philosophy of the coaching staff. 

2B257D45-79F6-4747-BBEA-31E6C115A4FB.jpeg

Yeah - this is krap. In a league where the long ball rules and every hitter in the line-up can hit them, you miss as many bats as you possibly can for as long as you can and build the bullpen depth necessary to play that strategy. It makes no sense to send less effective starters out there just to keep them in the game longer - you're still going to be outscored.

In case there is any doubt, last season the top 8 teams in staff SO all won 90+ games. That's the kind stat you don't even need a sabermetrician to figure out.

"Pitching to contact" is a recipe for losing.

7 hours ago, tiger337 said:

They'll be OK once they start playing crappy teams again.  There are a lot them this year.  

Just think how well the Tigers would do if they played against themselves.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Just think how well the Tigers would do if they played against themselves.

They be back to 500 for sure.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Ah yes......the definition of insanity:  Doing things the way you've always done them and expecting different results.

If this team doesn't "can" Legendary Lloyd they will finish near the bottom of every offensive stat.     

10 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

If this team doesn't "can" Legendary Lloyd they will finish near the bottom of every offensive stat.     

I'm not sure a lineup of Martin, Martinez, McCann, Machado, Iglesias is all that gifted.  And, really, you've Candelario who is still only 213 plate appearances old in the majors.

Just now, Casimir said:

I'm not sure a lineup of Martin, Martinez, McCann, Machado, Iglesias is all that gifted.  And, really, you've Candelario who is still only 213 plate appearances old in the majors.

Yeah - I'm not a particular fan of  Lloyd, but some thing about pigs ears and purses applies here I think....

22 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - I'm not a particular fan of  Lloyd, but some thing about pigs ears and purses applies here I think....

Well, and we can add a now demoted Mahtook to that murderers row. 

Now that I think of it, I seem to recall some green idiot advocating for Mahtook to hit leadoff.  Thank goodness that moran is not in charge of anything.