Keepleyland2

4/12 @6:10 Cleveland Indians vs. Detroit Tigers

So how many Tigers does Bauer hit tomorrow?  I'm going with two with a third a near hit.

24 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

What's the over/under on the Tigers scoring those two runs in this game?

Are you asking if this will go into extra innings?

The Tigers are 13th in AL in slugging(.305) and 14th in OPS(.595). Coincidentally, Cleveland is last in both categories. Although they have hit 12 HR to the Tigers 4. KC is also terrible offensively. I think the hitting will get better soon.

I am surprised by Mahtook down for a pitcher.  Yes, they need a pitcher up.  They could do that by demoting Norris.  But I guess looking at the position player options on the 40 man (Gerber, Greiner, Lugo, Alcantara), those guys are going to be given a longer runway in minors before being called up.

On the other hand, they could just take Chad Bell off of the 40 and add and call up Deuce for another stick.  But his stick is on fire in Toledo, so many of the fans would be disappointed if he left.

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

I am surprised by Mahtook down for a pitcher.  Yes, they need a pitcher up.  They could do that by demoting Norris.  But I guess looking at the position player options on the 40 man (Gerber, Greiner, Lugo, Alcantara), those guys are going to be given a longer runway in minors before being called up.

On the other hand, they could just take Chad Bell off of the 40 and add and call up Deuce for another stick.  But his stick is on fire in Toledo, so many of the fans would be disappointed if he left.

hard to figure unless Bosio wants to keep Norris close because of things they are working on - at least I would hope so because he needs serious help.

Assuming they want a reliever for the extra arm this almost has to be Barbato.  (Does anyone else see a pirate when they hear this name?)  I suppose if they want a long man, it could be Saupold.  He just started on Tuesday and threw 45 pitches, so he'd potentially be okay for something over the next day or two.  It'll be interesting to see if Mahtook is who comes back up ultimately.  Krizan, Gerber, and Deuce (to a lesser extent) are all pounding loudly on the door.

re: Norris -- How does that velocity/spin rate compare to what he had last year?  When did the big dropoff occur?  Per GameDay, it looks like he was mostly 90-92 with the fastball against Chicago last week, but only 89-90 last night.

Fenech reports that Chad Bell is getting the callup.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Tigers need to do these 6:10 games until school gets out .  That's a great idea.   

They have two midweek night games next week against the Orioles. Both start at 6:40. After that, the next weekday night game is 7:10 on Monday, April 30th.

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Or maybe they decide to send McCann to AAA and bring up Salty?

Send McCannon down? 

Drinking early today, eh?

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

Next position player callup not named Mahtook?   Looks like Gerber?  Or Adduci?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=512

Or maybe they decide to send McCann to AAA and bring up Salty?

James McCann is a bulldog, patriot, gritty, bum. They 'll never send him down until he dies on the field of exhaustion.

Just now, Casimir said:

Send McCannon down? 

Drinking early today, eh?

I know Jim Price would stand in the doorway if they did.   But if they can send Mahtook down... Maybe they could/should.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

James McCann is a bulldog, patriot, gritty, bum. They 'll never send him down until he dies on the field of exhaustion.

I understand that his dad was a rocket scientist and raised a son who appreciates physics so much he generates his own airflow

They already did send Mikie down.   They need an extra pitcher.     

I think they have to wait until May to call up Mike Gerber (to not lose service time, I think).   Aducci is not on the 40 man roster yet.    They could call up Lugo or they can stick with 13 pitchers for a little while.    

They don't have too many options on the 40 man with position players -  Greiner - no way he's coming up.    Sergio Alcantara - hitting very well at Erie right now, but unless they trade Iggy, no on him.  Then they have Lugo and Gerber.     You will see Gerber at some point.     Maybe Mikie just needs to get some good swings at Toledo for a week or so.   JaCoby needed some playing time here, and if not here, then he should go to Toledo for awhile.     

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They already did send Mikie down.   They need an extra pitcher.     

I think they have to wait until May to call up Mike Gerber (to not lose service time, I think).   Aducci is not on the 40 man roster yet.    They could call up Lugo or they can stick with 13 pitchers for a little while.    

They don't have too many options on the 40 man with position players -  Greiner - no way he's coming up.    Sergio Alcantara - hitting very well at Erie right now, but unless they trade Iggy, no on him.  Then they have Lugo and Gerber.     You will see Gerber at some point.     Maybe Mikie just needs to get some good swings at Toledo for a week or so.   JaCoby needed some playing time here, and if not here, then he should go to Toledo for awhile.     

I presume Mahtook's visit will be brief.  Then again he might have so broken himself he gets leapfrogged by a Gerber

2 hours ago, brideck said:

re: Norris -- How does that velocity/spin rate compare to what he had last year?  When did the big dropoff occur?  Per GameDay, it looks like he was mostly 90-92 with the fastball against Chicago last week, but only 89-90 last night.

The last two years have been pretty screwed up for him, but when he came over from Toronto at the end of '15, he was throwing a 95 mph 4 seam fast ball averaging 2600 rpm and hitting near 3000 occasionally with more than 11 inches of vertical break. That is a serious major league swing and miss fastball, and it is just completely gone today.