Jump to content

Keepleyland2

4/11 @6:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Tigers (4-6) vs Indians Game 11

Progressive Field

985858816218503.jpg

From the 1979 Yearbook

My dad rocked that moustache for a long, long time. It's a good look when you work in tool and die and dominate your Saturday night bowling league. 

On a side note, there's gotta some regression to the mean at some point and we have to start hitting the ball out of the park sooner or later, right? 

twohomeruns.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walewander said:

My dad rocked that moustache for a long, long time. It's a good look when you work in tool and tie and dominate your Saturday night bowling league. 

On a side note, there's gotta some regression to the mean at some point and we have to start hitting the ball out of the park sooner or later, right? 

twohomeruns.jpg

Tankage calls for no power. Home runs help win games, anyone hitting one will be benched. 😁

It's not easy getting the #1 overall pick. But in this day and age of artificial divisional races,  it should only take 2 or 3 years s to build a contender. Like Houston and the Cubs. About 110+ years of rebuilding between them. 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Walewander said:

On a side note, there's gotta some regression to the mean at some point and we have to start hitting the ball out of the park sooner or later, right? 

Probably only after the pitching comes back to earth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers could have the fewest HR's in the majors this year.

Seriously, which Tiger is likely to hit 30+ Home Runs this year?  Highly doubt Miggy is capable anymore.  And Nick is capable of over and/or under.

Who else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigrrfan said:

Tigers could have the fewest HR's in the majors this year.

Seriously, which Tiger is likely to hit 30+ Home Runs this year?  Highly doubt Miggy is capable anymore.  And Nick is capable of over and/or under.

Who else?

Castellanos is definitely capable.  Cabrera is still capable if he stays healthy.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Castellanos is definitely capable.  Cabrera is still capable if he stays healthy.    

Yeah outside of those 2 that would be it IMO and they are both iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Castellanos is definitely capable.  Cabrera is still capable if he stays healthy.    

I totally agree with that. 

Thus, to clarify my prior comment .. not confident that Miggy can remain healthy enough anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Tigers could have the fewest HR's in the majors this year.

Seriously, which Tiger is likely to hit 30+ Home Runs this year?  Highly doubt Miggy is capable anymore.  And Nick is capable of over and/or under.

Who else?

Deuce once he is called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Deuce once he is called up.

"My son can hit 40 homers.  I taught everything him he knows about hitting. Avila and Gardenhire don't know **** about talent.  ******* Reyes and ******* Martin?  What the **** is that?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers lineup

1. Leonys Martin CF
2. Jeimer Candelario 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera 1B
4. Nicholas Castellanos RF
5. Victor Martinez DH
6. Niko Goodrum 2B
7. James McCann C
8. Mikie Mahtook LF
9. Jose Iglesias SS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apropos of nothing, Bruce Robson makes an appearance today on the South Side. 

B3DD0F3F-EBC1-45A6-BA38-8E4E148C0F7B.thumb.jpeg.9f3c4abea220bc540e61a89cfa01ad7d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Where’s my two runs? 

I was waiting for you to post that.  We've all become too predictable.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiger Home Run Totals this year


Nick Castellanos - 28
Miguel Cabrera - 28
Mikie Mahtook - 16
James McCann - 14
Leonys Martin - 12
Victor Martinez - 12  (last game July 22nd)
Niko Goodrum - 12
Christin Stewart - 11 (in 58 games)
Jeimer Candelario - 11
John Hicks - 10
JaCoby Jones - 8
Mike Gerber - 6
Dixon Machado - 5
Victor Reyes - 4
Jason Krizan - 4
Jose Igelsias - 4
Dawel Lugo - 3
Jim Adducci - 2
Jake Rogers - 1

 

Total - 191


 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I was waiting for you to post that.  We've all become too predictable.  

This board is like an old married couple. We finish each other sentences,  we know what the other going to order when we go out to eat, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tiger Home Run Totals this year


Nick Castellanos - 28
Miguel Cabrera - 28
Mikie Mahtook - 16
James McCann - 14
Leonys Martin - 12
Victor Martinez - 12  (last game July 22nd)
Niko Goodrum - 12
Christin Stewart - 11 (in 58 games)
Jeimer Candelario - 11
John Hicks - 10
JaCoby Jones - 8
Mike Gerber - 6
Dixon Machado - 5
Victor Reyes - 4
Jason Krizan - 4
Jose Igelsias - 4
Dawel Lugo - 3
Jim Adducci - 2
Jake Rogers - 1

 

Total - 191


 


 

 

Another fun tidbit is that Otahni has 3 HR's in 19 AB's already...and the Tigers only have 2 HR's collectively....#yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      95,755
    • Total Posts
      2,763,953
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×