Keepleyland2

4/10 @6:10 Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians

22 consecutive scoreless innings.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

22 consecutive scoreless innings.

Seriously...Mig, Nick, and Vmart heart of the order and the heart of the order cant do jack **** farrr too often.

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Seriously...Mig, Nick, and Vmart heart of the order and the heart of the order cant do jack **** farrr too often.

We should trade Miggy and VMart, maybe package them with Zimm?

Like last year, their an easy team to pitch to. Show  them a fastball, then  curve balls and sliders down and away.

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

We should trade Miggy and VMart, maybe package them with Zimm?

Idk what to do, but at this point I'd just rather see every position filled by young, up and coming/developing players...whats the point of Mig, Vmart, and Zimm on this team taking roster spots, pending an actual run towards the playoffs?  A bit myopic maybe, but if this is a true rebuild, these players are just anchors on the team's ***.

2 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Five lefties in the lineup tonight for us. This pitcher gives up the homer.

Not tonight.

16 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Idk what to do, but at this point I'd just rather see every position filled by young, up and coming/developing players...whats the point of Mig, Vmart, and Zimm on this team taking roster spots, pending an actual run towards the playoffs?  A bit myopic maybe, but if this is a true rebuild, these players are just anchors on the team's ***.

Give these guys away and pay their contracts? Because we would have to. It's basically the only reason they're still even here.

Gardy managed that inning well...process>results and Candy Man delivers.

Great to see Candelario getting it done tonight

Not so great that Miggy is crippled 10 games into the season

At this rate, we'll score our next run in this series in the 9th inning of the 4th game. Or no runs at all.....

7 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Great to see Candelario getting it done tonight

Not so great that Miggy is crippled 10 games into the season

Candelario looking like number one. Only need 7 more.

Also nice outing by Boyd. I think he's capable of being a nice #3/4 guy. 

Kipnis trying to make up for missing Reyes at 2nd. Doing a pretty good job.

Alex Wilson instead of Jimenez.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

tell me how they can possibly think it's profitable to play games that no one comes to and probably no one watches either.

Still, as bad as the weather issues have been in Chi, the Sox would probably not be drawing if it were 70 and sunny. The Sox attendance has been slowly declining almost annually since about 2011. The City doesn't much care for this version of the WhiteSox. Eaton and Sale gone, Kenerko retired but despite their supposed rebuild, there are only two players on the roster under 25, so it's not exactly a lot of exciting rookies lighting up Whatever-It-Is-They-Are-Calling-Comiskey-This-Year either.

This is apparently why you don't move a game's start time up 6 hours, even with a couple days' warning.

Well... it's time to get a bad closer performance here from Allen.

Losing close games late can be worse than getting beat bad early. This way fans watch for 2 1/2 to 3 hours just to be disappointed.

Better shot to win today than tomorrow.  But we'll see.  Another good pitching performance.  

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Losing close games late can be worse than getting beat bad early. This way fans watch for 2 1/2 to 3 hours just to be disappointed.

Alex Wilson is the definition of a journeyman pitcher. You'd like the have the luxury to not use him in the highest leverage situations.

I don't think its wise to expect much out of Martinez this season.  That extension is part of the reason the Tigers are in this mess.

The pitching has really been a very pleasant surprise.  I hope they can keep it up, but I'm not optimistic about it as a whole.  

Mud Hens are pounding the pill again tonight.  Krizan has raised his average to .700.  Deuce with a 1B, 3B, & HR (grand slam).  At least one more AB coming to try to hit the cycle.