Keepleyland2

4/10 @6:10 Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians

Just now, brideck said:

Jason Krizan also had a monster night for Toledo last night -- 2 HR, 2 2B in 5 AB.

He and Gerber are both making early cases for some of those OF and/or DH spots with the big club.

No Tank You. It's a long hard road to 100 losses. We really need to hit on the #1 pick this season. No swings and misses.

40 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Exactly. I'm not sure how they even make a claim this stat even matters. The combined record for the bottom 4 teams is 20-20. The top four teams? 18-20. Smoke and mirrors people. Too small a sample size or yet another meaningless statistic?

It’s not meaningless. It has a lot of meaning. It’s on you if you can’t figure out what meaning to give it. 

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

It’s not meaningless. It has a lot of meaning. It’s on you if you can’t figure out what meaning to give it. 

OK. Sure. The top 4 teams are 2 games worse than the bottom 4 teams. If it does have any meaning, it's too small of a sample size.

In another stat, players who tie their left shoe first are hitting .035 points higher than those who tie their right shoe first. J/K

But, just because there's a stat doesn't mean it matters.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Jeimer's made a couple of errors already. His arm looks like a bit of a weak link.

Of course those figures don't take ground ball velocity into account do they? If your pitchers are squared up more I'd guess your % of outs on GB will be lower.

I haven't watched them a lot yet this year, but from the limited amount I've seen - other than Jeimer's arm I haven't thought they looked too bad to me on the IF.

His arm looked pretty good on 2 plays I saw. One he charged in, bare handed a ball and fired a strike to 1st base. Another was a screamer, behind the bag. He fired a one hopper to 1st base. 

Or did you mean accuracy over arm strength?

32 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

CcY4rAoW0AAgWki.jpg.d55728d530578dde140a0fa668db9590.jpg

We don't joke about Johnny Barbato.  

12 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

We don't joke about Johnny Barbato.  

But the 3rd hitter didn't bring a table leg to the plate to hit with,  he forfeited his at bat.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

His arm looked pretty good on 2 plays I saw. One he charged in, bare handed a ball and fired a strike to 1st base. Another was a screamer, behind the bag. He fired a one hopper to 1st base. 

Or did you mean accuracy over arm strength?

- just accuracy - his arm strength is fine. If he can keep throwing errors under -- maybe 15 or so for a season I'd be happy. Inge would make upwards of 20 but with his quicks and range he was still a plus fielder 

3 hours ago, brideck said:

On the bright side, that's apparently gone up from the 67% it was on Friday.  Improvement!

What do you mean the improvement's not statistically significant either?

But 89.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow. 

Image may contain: stadium and text

tell me how they can possibly think it's profitable to play games that no one comes to and probably no one watches either.

Still, as bad as the weather issues have been in Chi, the Sox would probably not be drawing if it were 70 and sunny. The Sox attendance has been slowly declining almost annually since about 2011. The City doesn't much care for this version of the WhiteSox. Eaton and Sale gone, Kenerko retired but despite their supposed rebuild, there are only two players on the roster under 25, so it's not exactly a lot of exciting rookies lighting up Whatever-It-Is-They-Are-Calling-Comiskey-This-Year either.

I wanted to see some highlights of that Sox/Rays game to see what nobody there looked like but on MLB.com website you have to sit through a 40 second commercial before every 20 second highlight.   No thanks, fellers,   I can find it elsewhere.    Just because you CAN sell those many spots, it doesn't mean you SHOULD.  Learn your tipping point.    

Ain't nobody gonna show up to see Tampa this year.

Back in the 70's it was not uncommon to see attendance like this at Comiskey.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

tell me how they can possibly think it's profitable to play games that no one comes to and probably no one watches either.

The sports bubble didn't pop or burst, but it IS leaking, dramatically.    And its not just those America-hating sons of bitches in the NFL (President's words, not mine) but even the ultra-patriotic NASCAR is tanking.       Games are too expensive.   They take too long.  Both teams are bad and the average person could probably not name one member of Tampa's team.   The weather, while being better than the last two weeks, is still cold.    And watching at home on a high-def TV with no line for the loo and affordable food and beverage - yeah, better option.   

McCann is doo  doo. He stinks.

This whole thing where we get shut out is rough on the Pythagorean record, I gotta say. 

Really not liking this whole thing were Nick can't help but swing at low and away.

Sigh...this game has another 1-0 loss written all over it. Migs, Nick, and Vmart arent pulling their weight in games like these...the "big guns" need to make something effing happen, can't be losing games 1-0, ffs.  Still a few more innings, but damn...