Washington over Pittsburgh in 7

West
Nashville over Minnesota in 6
Vegas over San Jose in 6

Round 3
Toronto over Washington in 6
Vegas over Nashville in 7

STANLEY CUP FINAL
Toronto over Vegas in 6       .......Then Toronto burns to the ground and Hamilton becomes the new population centre in Ontario. 

Image result for toronto maple leafs logo

Leafs are a bona fide contender but they'll have a really tough path. I think they caught a bit of a break getting Boston instead of Tampa. But the Lightning would wait in the 2nd round, then likely Pitt or Wash, and maybe Nashville in the final. The Leafs will need other teams to knock off some of the big guns. The Leafs can beat any one team, but not top teams for all 4 rounds.

I cheated by waiting until two games are done, but:

Tampa over New Jersey, 6 games

Toronto over Boston, 7 games

Washington over Columbus, 7 games

Pittsburgh over Philadelphia, 5 games

Nashville over Colorado, 5 games

Winnipeg over Minnesota, 6 games

LA over Vegas, 6 games

Anaheim over San Jose, 7 games

Tampa Bay over Toronto, 7 games

Pittsburgh over Washington, 6 games

Nashville over Winnipeg, 6 games

LA over Anaheim, 7 games

Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh, 6 games

Nashville over LA, 7 games

Tampa Bay over Nashville, 6 games, Yzerman signs a lifetime contract

Not much drama in the playoffs so far. 2 sweeps, 5 higher-seed teams up 3 games to 1. Columbus-Washington is the only series at 2-2 after 4 games. Not sure if there has even been an OT game outside of Columbus-Washington. 

And I think the Toronto media - big surprise - is really overreacting about Matthews' struggles. It hasn't been his best 4 games but hasn't been horrible. And even if it was horrible, it's only 4 games. Matthews will be just fine. Fix the defense.

Philly-Pitt are playing Game 6 this afternoon. Replacing Malkin in the Penguins' lineup is ... Riley Sheahan. Playing a terrific game, says Pierre McGuire.

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Look at that - the Leafs taking it to a Game 7.     I am sure they'll not only lose it, but lose it in an extremely heartbreaking fashion. 

I see it more as shades of 1993. Down to their last breath in Round 1 but win it and then win a Game 7 in Round 2 and roll into the 3rd round where they finally lose in a heartbreaker.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It is remarkable to me how many unforced errors the Leafs make in their own end this post-season.

If the Leafs had a Norris candidate defenseman to complement Morgan Reilly they could have the best lineup in the league. They have plenty of forward assets and draft picks to make that happen. 

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

If the Leafs had a Norris candidate defenseman to complement Morgan Reilly they could have the best lineup in the league. They have plenty of forward assets and draft picks to make that happen. 

Roman Polak isn't doing it for you?

On 4/24/2018 at 4:07 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That was some BLATANT interference on that empty netter in the Toronto-Boston game last night. Boston got hosed on that missed call.

About time they got a call.  The officiating has been incredibly one sided this series.  Game 5, which Toronto won in Boston, the Bruins had 6 powerplays to the leafs 1.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The forwards struggle to break it out as well.

The bruins are the best forechecking team in the league. And probably the toughest matchup for the leafs in the NHL.  Not to mention how often the bruins are allowed to interfere. 

6 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Not really in favor of trading any of the young assets.  Just get rid of Roman polak and Ron Hainsey. 

In case anyone doesn't remember.... You know that either Jack Edwards or Joe Bowen will be going crazy tonight.

The falling Leafs
Drift out of the playoffs
The Maple Leafs
of white and blue.

Blew another lead
Again in Boston
Toronto fans
Don't know what to do.

4 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Not really in favor of trading any of the young assets.  Just get rid of Roman polak and Ron Hainsey. 

I'd let it be known to the league that I'd be accepting best possible defenceman offers in exchange for Nylander and a 1st. A bold move like that is needed to get the Leafs to the next level. How else are they getting another top pairing defenseman? I like Liljegren too and probably would have drafted him at #9, but very risky if he's being counted on to be the answer.

Note that 3 of the series are #1 vs #2 and the other is #1 and #3. That's NBA-like. Which I don't mind, makes the latter rounds closer and more interesting, IMO.