Jump to content

DumberAndLeaner

Gardenhire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ausmus

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My worry is that the same person who kept Brad around is the same guy that we're trusting to trade all of our talented players and also to draft future players.

I dont know that its that simple.  Mike Ilitch kept Randy Smith around too long, but that doesn’t exactly define the totality of Ilitch’s era as owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My worry is that the same person who kept Brad around is the same guy that we're trusting to trade all of our talented players and also to draft future players.

I can understand Avila giving Brad the second year after making the playoffs, and the third maybe  he felt the BP issues were as much the FOs fault as Brads. Then last year there wasn't much point to firing him as they were pulling the plug anyway.

Not quite as bad as the 7 consecutive years of sub 500 futility with Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thefunk said:

Duuuuuuuuuude.....you quote-responded to your own post.  

That was because it was a continuation of the theme of comparing scripted plots to the discussion at hand, and pretending there is some relevance.  Watch the movie Hoosiers and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I already told you why a lecture was not necessary.  

Yeah, you were wrong about that too. 

Generally the only people to take exception when the "clique" card is played are those  who are actually part of one. Most everybody else just  wonders where that idea came from. So, you pretty much confessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Yeah, you were wrong about that too. 

Generally the only people to take exception when the "clique" card is played are those  who are actually part of one. Most everybody else just  wonders where that idea came from. So, you pretty much confessed. 

Are you Tyrus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why some people have such negative issues against what they refer to as "cliques"?

 

Are they jealous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

I wonder why some people have such negative issues against what they refer to as "cliques"?

 

Are they jealous?

I wonder how someone can identify that there cliques on a board that he has only been posting on for a couple of weeks? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

I wonder how someone can identify that there cliques on a board that he has only been posting on for a couple of weeks? 

I wonder how someone can show up cold on the board and immediately end up on the wrong side of probably the most equimanious member of the board.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I wonder how someone can show up cold on the board and immediately end up on the wrong side of probably the most equimanious member of the board.

Do you mean equanimous?  That would be a good way to describe Liston.

(I had look up both equimanious and equanimous)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Do you mean equanimous?  That would be a good way to describe Liston.

(I had look up both equimanious and equanimous)

 

haha - Spellcheck - the one time you could use it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 9:35 PM, Shelton said:

Weird. When did the post counts go away?

I can still see them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 12:47 PM, bobrob2004 said:

I wonder how someone can identify that there cliques on a board that he has only been posting on for a couple of weeks? 

I could be wrong about that, but the mere mention seems to have inspired the response I expected.  Lady McBeth: "out, out d*mn spots" etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

No, no one has ever called me that.

Duane B Sims?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, DumberAndLeaner said:

That was Billy Martin's strength as well, anyone who bothered to check out the book I linked to earlier would know that. You see, it isn't so much that the players feared him per se, rather that they "circled the wagons" and began working with each other to try and prove his criticisms  wrong. Which is exactly what he wanted, he wanted them to function as a team.

Which worked for about one season before it wore thin and he'd need to move onto a new team to become effective again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sabretooth said:

DNL = JBK = DBS = Tyrus?

Nahhhhh.

JBK is not Tyrus.  JBK is Shelton.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiger337 said:

JBK is not Tyrus.  JBK is Shelton.  

JBK is JBK.  Sorry to disappoint.  We have been over this.  It is hard to be taken seriously if people think you are sock puppeting.  I HATE...literally HATE people that do that kind of thing online.

And no I am not sorry to those who do it or have done it.  You need to be purged from the online experience.  You are the reason the internet is full of trolls and hate.

OWN your words.  OWN your actions.  Stop hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...