Keepleyland2

4/9 @6:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

Man I wish they had traded Iglesias sooner. He really does nothing for a rebuilding team.

5 hours ago, kdog said:

No harm done.  Kluber vs. Liriano was sort of a Lions vs. Christians matchup, and Liriano kept it respectable.

weird. I'm seeing a an empty post by Liston quoting a post by KDog that the forum is calling 5 hours old that refers to something that only happened within the last 2 hrs.

In any case, no matter who posted it and when, 

No harm done.  Kluber vs. Liriano was sort of a Lions vs. Christians matchup, and Liriano kept it respectable.

is true enough. And they got within about 1/4" on one Cabrera swing of making a game of it. 

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Kluber has been on and Frankie has held is own until that inning. Not much to complain about.

Tough to be upset by the outcome.  Kluber did the Kluber thing. Liriano kept them in the game.  What can you say?

In the "whoa, how I miss some former Tigers" department, Scherzer stole a base tonight.

Buck Farmer said his glute tightened up on him in cold weather. Hopes to be good to pitch again in a couple days.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

that was a 2 seam FB at 92 mph and he pulled it and he scalded it. That's about as good as an out could make me feel.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

is true enough. And they got within about 1/4" on one Cabrera swing of making a game of it. 

11 hours ago, kdog said:

Kluber has been on and Frankie has held is own until that inning. Not much to complain about.

13 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

weird. I'm seeing a an empty post by Liston quoting a post by KDog that the forum is calling 5 hours old that refers to something that only happened within the last 2 hrs.

Twilight Zone

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I have mastered time travel.  Ha, just kidding.  Actually, I can foresee the future.

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday !!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Where you at?

Hamilton, Ontario (nice area), about 40 miles west of Niagara Falls, and therefore 50 miles from Buffalo.  Our weather and Buffalo's are different - they are at the extreme eastern end of Lake Erie, and we are at the extreme western end of Lake Ontario, so "lake effect" hits one but not the other depending on wind direction.

But anyway your post made me look at our forecast and by God yes, we will hit about 59 on Thursday.  Which is weird because 41 is about the best that we will do for a week before or after.

• Like 1

92 here today.  But it was tax day for me as well.  Taking the good with the bad.

Kubler was amazing.  When he wanted to throw a strike, it was on the edge of the strike zone marked on the screen each time.  With movement.  

At least it was a true Cy Young award winning pitcher that made the Tiger hitters look silly...........and not some AAA pitcher......like usually happens.  :)

The cold sure isn't helping, but I see these kind of hitting problems for this team all year.    

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday. 

70 on Thursday !!!!!! 

Yes, but what about April 10?

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

47,  a little better than yesterday.       But 54 tomorrow !   See, it's changing,.     Do you see?  

It was 52 in Houston the other day.  Unseasonably cold all over this year.  Do you comprehend?

6 hours ago, ktpinnacle said:

92 here today.  But it was tax day for me as well.  Taking the good with the bad.

Kubler was amazing.  When he wanted to throw a strike, it was on the edge of the strike zone marked on the screen each time.  With movement.  

Interesting that neither Kershaw or Kluber, two of the best going right now,  have a particularly big fastball. Of course Pedro didn't either.

3 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

At least it was a true Cy Young award winning pitcher that made the Tiger hitters look silly...........and not some AAA pitcher......like usually happens.  :)

The cold sure isn't helping, but I see these kind of hitting problems for this team all year.    

And nearly every other team in MLB if Kluber is dealing like that.

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think it may be time for James McCann to discover meditation or something like it.   Very out of sorts.  

James McCann cannot hit RHP and never has.

This means he is best used 25% of the time as the RH portion of a platoon.

But the Tigers are convinced he is a starting catcher, so that means he sees a lot of RHP and he looks bad at the plate as a consequence.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

James McCann cannot hit RHP and never has.

This means he is best used as a 25% of the time portion of a platoon.

But the Tigers are convinced he is a starting catcher, so that means he sees a lot of RHP and he looks bad at the plate as a consequence.

He's a marketable player so they have to do all they can to promote him.  McCannon.... they play Mack the Knife.  He's nice looking.  Has the twins.  They can't just give up on him and admit he sucks.  He's got the Brandon Inge thing where it reminds the soccer/baseball moms of when they're little boy played baseball and they got to live in the glory.   Their boys are all grown up now and they feel empty inside so they latch on to a baseball player as their guy.  It fills those needs that suburban women have as they reach into their mid to late 40's.