Keepleyland2

4/9 @6:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

Francisco Liriano vs Corey Kluber

Lights on at the stadium, might be lights out facing Kluber

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

From the 1993 Yearbook

Hate to be a nitpicker, but this image is from a program, not a yearbook. The team did not produce yearbooks from 1993-2001.

This knowledge, combined with my winning personality, is what made me so popular with women in college.

1 hour ago, BoomGaspar said:

Hate to be a nitpicker, but this image is from a program, not a yearbook. The team did not produce yearbooks from 1993-2001.

This knowledge, combined with my winning personality, is what made me so popular with women in college.

nitpick much?

Is it me or does this season seem like it is older than only eight games! I guess with the rain, the snow, and the off days it feels like more games have been played to this point.

7 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

nitpick much?

Despite my nitpicking, I am impressed by a few things from this post.  One, you own a program from a game in 1993.  Two, something called "Mike Lumley" was once considered a professional athlete.  Three, John Hudek has an excellent shot at the part of the long-necked alien from 1982's "The Thing".

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BoomGaspar said:

Despite my nitpicking, I am impressed by a few things from this post.  One, you own a program from a game in 1993.  Two, something called "Mike Lumley" was once considered a professional athlete.  Three, John Hudek has an excellent shot at the part of the long-necked alien from 1982's "The Thing".

Mike Lumley... how'd he even make the program?  Same with Hudek for that matter.  They never had any appearances for the Tigers, and Lumley's career just vanished after reaching AAA in 1993.  Did we put the whole 40-man roster in the program back then?

Also, I didn't know that our AA affiliate used to be in London, ON.

13 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

335862813474223.jpg

Was this supposed to be the real live roster?  Because Mike Lumley never appeared in a major league game.  

Also, Neck was an all star and 2nd in rookie of the year voting for 1994 as a member of the Astros.  He was not part of the famed Detroit / Houston / San Diego trilogy of traders back in the day.  He was selected off of waivers by Houston.  Probably waived by Detroit in order to keep Lumley.

How many people will show in in cleveland?

#Oblong thread

3 minutes ago, Oblong said:

How many people will show in in cleveland?

5... and one of those is Bruce Rondon, after getting on the Tigers' team plane out of force of habit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As if Clevelanders send their kids to school....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Casimir said:

As if Clevelanders send their kids to school....

Ha! Beat me to it!

Its funny because the Cleveland fan was just telling me 20 minutes ago about how he was finding it difficult to find seats for a June series against Detroit in Cleveland.  He admitted it must be the influx of Tiger fans making tickets scarce.

6pm weather check for tonight. 34 Degrees with a real feel of 26. No precipitation in the forecast. #weathertalk

They should schedule early season games on the West Coast or in domes. Stupid owners are greedy.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

They should schedule early season games on the West Coast or in domes. Stupid owners are greedy.

Its April 10th Eve and its been flurrying here for 5 hours.