Keepleyland2

4/8@2:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

It's going to take a couple of months for me to ever accept losing. I just get so happy when WE win. You know, the good guys.

Man, I'd love nothing more than for this team to surpass all expectations and actually legit contend for the division. Long way to go, but why the **** not? Crazier things have happened.

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Probably didn't have far to drive...........

Another thing that pushed me to the edge was that my 2018 Detroit Tigers printable schedule in PDF form at detroittigers.mlb.com doesn't have start times for any of the road games.

This club’s difficulty scoring runs is concerning, but I am really glad for the wins and a sweep on the road. 

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This club’s difficulty scoring runs is concerning, but I am really glad for the wins and a sweep on the road. 

38 runs in five games I guess is not bad.  But the feast or famine of scoring a lot or no more than zero or one run seems odd but perhaps not.  Small sample size I guess. 

2 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Nice recovery Fiers.

This exteme cold weather sucks for these guys....imo MLB needs to rethink when the season starts or where teams start the first 7-10 days.  Would make sense to try to get northern/eastern teams to open on the road in the south/west to open the season rather then force them to play in arctic like conditions...it's bad for the sport.

Yes, this again. It's an easy and obvious way to cut down on postponements early in the season. It's that or schedule 6-8 double-headers throughout the season so they can start it later into April. Or cut the season down to 156 games. Pick one and do it. I do't really care which one. Starting cold-weather teams on the road in warm-weather locales is the easiest, though.

Shohei Ohtani's fastest pitch of the day so far: 99.6 mph Slowest: 68.5 mph (curveball)

51 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Cold and damp bothers pitchers.   Cold and dry bothers hitters.   All of these 1-0 games came on cold and dry days.    You know if they only played in the north after a certain date...............

Shohei Ohtani's fastest pitch of the day so far: 99.6 mph Slowest: 68.5 mph (curveball)

Perfect thru 6 with 11 Ks

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No, it isn't.

Whatever you say Thomas.   See you at the playoffs.

Way to go Fiers.

Build up that trade deadline value. Norris should be ready to take over by then. (Sooner if we could do something about Zimm. Push him into the BP and let Norris out of "BP Purgatory"?)

25 minutes ago, thefunk said:

This team is better than you think it is. 

I agree.  Not saying they are good, but I don't think they'll lose 100 games.    Not with KC and Chicago in the same division.     They don't look to be sleepwalking like most of last season.  

37 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No, it isn't.

I think they're the worst team in the history of organized baseball, so they probably are

1 hour ago, thefunk said:

This team is better than you think it is. 

All teams look great when they win 3 in a row and look awful when they lose 3 in a row. It's baseball. Don't get excited. 

My optimism is more micro. Good to see some contributions from guys we can trade and young players. They're going to end up losing at least 90 games so enjoy the wins.

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

All teams look great when they win 3 in a row and look awful when they lose 3 in a row. It's baseball. Don't get excited. 

Those last two sentences should never be said together. ALWAYS be excited about baseball! 

Never had a doubt about Fiers today.

That White Sox jersey looks so good on Rondon.  They deserve each other.

The chatter about the emergency 3rd catcher during the FSD broadcast.... plop Martinez behind the plate if needed.

Jimenez from twitter

If someone can embed the video that would be cool.

10 hours ago, brideck said:

This is a Bosio thing.  I've read that he wants his pitchers to find an attack tempo that they're comfortable with.

I like the idea.  Not sure how it will work in the long run.  But they have to do something  with what they have to work with.