Keepleyland2

4/7@2:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

Can someone tell me why there wasn't a game today? 

Wow, only 37 degrees for a high tomorrow. 

But later in the week

APRIL 10th (Wed)  - High of 56

APRIL 11th - High of 64

APRIL 12th - High of 64

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Tigers (2-4)vs White Sox Game 7

Guaranteed Rate Field

81d50b810966133.jpg

From the 1969 Yearbook

Dark.

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Can someone tell me why there wasn't a game today? 

This first week and a half has been a bit goofy with the schedule. 

These first two Fridays have not been full schedules.  With games starting on Thursday and most series being 3 games, and with Thursday being Opening Day and all of the pomp & circumstance of that, MLB likely left some open Fridays for some locales as a makeup day for Opening Day just in case. 

Also, traditionally not all teams have been scheduled to open on the first day of the season.  There have been one or two series that didn't start until the second day of the year (the season that Detroit opened in Miami is one example).  But MLB had everyone open on the same day this season.

There were also teams that were off last Sunday, which seemed like the real oddity to me.  Much has been made about teams not wanting to give up summer home game dates.  Teams also don't want to give up weekend home game dates.  So its especially odd to see teams with a scheduled off day on Saturday or Sunday.

MLB has tried opening the season on Thursday/Friday before in the last decade.  I thought that they had decided they didn't like it as well as the Monday/Tuesday start, so I don't know why they changed it.  I suppose it had to do with the extra off days loaded into the schedule.  So it will be interesting to see what they next season.

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow, only 37 degrees for a high tomorrow.

Yeah, it's been historically cold in the upper Midwest this past week.  We just tied the all-time lowest high temperature for April 6th at 26° here in Minneapolis yesterday, so be thankful we're not here playing the Twins this weekend.

7 minutes ago, brideck said:

Yeah, it's been historically cold in the upper Midwest this past week.  We just tied the all-time lowest high temperature for April 6th at 26° here in Minneapolis yesterday, so be thankful we're not here playing the Twins this weekend.

It doesn't seem like we've had an elongated stretch of warm days so far that we normally have.  I think we've touched 60 once or twice and that has been it.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

It doesn't seem like we've had an elongated stretch of warm days so far that we normally have.  I think we've touched 60 once or twice and that has been it.

It's been very depressing.    I want to open some windows.   I would love for my lawn to start growing again. 

I think there was a large El Nino this past winter and that usually means a colder summer for us the next year.       This reminds of 1997 when the Wings finally won the Stanley Cup.   I remember the day of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals I was down by the river for the hydroplane races and it was May 31st,  it was 45 degrees at Noon.   I feel like we're gonna have a spring like that again this year.  

Tigers lineup today:
CF Martin
3B Candelario
1B Cabrera
RF Castellanos
DH Martinez
C McCann
LF Jones
SS Iglesias
2B Machado

P Fulmer

Well, I'll be.  Someone's listening to Motor City Sonics in the ChiSox front office.

ChiSox.jpg

The Sox have nothing but Delmons in LF.  They've replaced the goat from Thursday with Nicky Delmonico for today's game.

47 minutes ago, brideck said:

Well, I'll be.  Someone's listening to Motor City Sonics in the ChiSox front office.

ChiSox.jpg

I will take full credit for this................

Honestly, moving the time up to 1pm...........they are protecting their assets,  there is a greater possibility of injury when it's brutally cold.     This is a smart move and it's not an easy one for them. 

Awwww .. multi-million dollar athletes afraid of a little cold?

White Sox should henceforth be renamed the Pink Panties.

I'll bet those delicate flowers from Tampa strong-armed them into this.

They may not get that game in either way -- Chicago's going to have some snow/rain in the area on Monday.

3 hours ago, brideck said:

I heard the Twins will be snowed out this weekend:

IMG_20180402_093627.jpg.0037f9fb8304e1f998f65c74161b11a1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Awwww .. multi-million dollar athletes afraid of a little cold?

White Sox should henceforth be renamed the Pink Panties.

Elitism and sexism in one post! Well done. 

I have to admit, I get some perverse pleasure watching these overpaid players freeze their tails off for a few hours. Extra innings? Sure, thank you! 😁

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I have to admit, I get some perverse pleasure watching these overpaid players freeze their tails off for a few hours. Extra innings? Sure, thank you!

I'll never understand why fans give a damn what players are paid or how they determine them to be overpaid. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2