Keepleyland2

4/5 @4:10 Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I should probably drop some seed down this weekend,  let it snow on top of it Monday and then to settle in during the week.   The coming thaw (starting on April 10th, imagine that) will be good for new seed.  

I need to rake my lawn and pretty it up. It's unusual to not have it done by now, usually we have a several day mild weather spell. Not this year.  : (

Faedo went 5IP, 2H, 2R, 4K and if the gamecast is correct 72 pitches 53 strikes.  

Cameron has 1 H, 2BB and Paredes is 1-3.

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

Faedo went 5IP, 2H, 2R, 4K and if the gamecast is correct 72 pitches 53 strikes. 

He retired the last 13 batters he faced.  In fact, nobody reached at all after that sequence that I posted before.  Nice bounceback after the rocky start.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I need to rake my lawn and pretty it up. It's unusual to not have it done by now, usually we have a several day mild weather spell. Not this year.  : (

Raked most of my yard during February .. when it was warmer than either March and April so far this year.

It's probably been addressed elsewhere, but why are there only 9 MLB games scheduled for tonight?

7 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

It's probably been addressed elsewhere, but why are there only 9 MLB games scheduled for tonight?

Many cold weather teams had home openers on the Thursday so this is a rain out day. The Tigers used one last week.

@j_chipman

#Tigers Alex Faedo’s final line- 5IP 2ER 2H 0BB 4K 2HR. Settled in nicely after a rough first frame. He’s definitely a gamer. Love the mound presence. CH looked better than I anticipated. SL still flashes filthy, dirty, nasty #BigFacts

Meanwhile, Sandy Baez struck out 10 batters in 4.2 IP tonight for Erie.

24 minutes ago, brideck said:

Meanwhile, Sandy Baez struck out 10 batters in 4.2 IP tonight for Erie.

he's a reliever

--Keith Law

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

he's a reliever

--Keith Law

Keith Law hates the Tigers, but when he was a guest on Toronto sports radio Fan 590 last week and when asked about Jack Morris in the Hall of Fame he said 2 things:

(a)  if Morris is in, Dave Stieb should be in.  That's arguable, because at both of their peaks Stieb was so much better than Morris that it wasn't even close, but he was awesome at a very young age and couldn't maintain it to build up the counting stats that Hall voters like.  But better than Morris, for an extended period of time?  Oh heck yes.

(b)  in talking about Morris' career he made a point of saying that having an elite defensive team behind you really helps your HOF potential as a pitcher.  He mentioned Trammell who is in the HOF and about Whitaker he simply said "He isn't in the HOF but he should be."

14 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

he's a reliever

--Keith Law

Is that a negative view?  Baez seems like one of those high upside low floor guys who could be really good, but most likely won't be.   

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Is that a negative view?  Baez seems like one of those high upside low floor guys who could be really good, but most likely won't be.   

It's the most common view.