Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

4/3 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

5 hours ago, tiger337 said:

They are so inconsistent and that reflects on the manager.  Mr Ivy League just sits on his hands in the dugout trying to keep warm.   

How many more chances does this guy get before we realize that Dartmouth is sort of a raggedy-butt school that isn't really Ivy League?

5 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Good to know.  Hey, did I ever tell you about the time that George Korince struck me out?  Yes, George Korince is the only pitcher in baseball history to strike out both me and Mickey Mantle.

You know, I think you have mentioned that before.

52 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

In my version: The ROMAD SUPREMACY; MLB uses a transmitter located in the St. Louis Arch to transmit a mind control signal that only Rowdy Roddy Piper can understand if he wears a special pair of sunglasses. 

There is another presence to be reckoned with, and he was dormant until Trump tweeted this:

Amazon should pay these costs (plus) and not have them bourne [sic] by the American Taxpayer

Oh boy, Donald if there is one person that you do not want to alienate right now it is Bourne.  You know, there were times that he had to subsist on worms and blood, and although I'm not sure that that would get him onto page 1 of the novel, it would absolutely get him onto Page 2.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

You know, I think you have mentioned that before.

Yes I was fairly sure that I might have, perhaps more than once.

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Yes I was fairly sure that I might have, perhaps more than once.

You got struck out by a guy who also struck out Mickey Mantle.  I got to meet Boss Hogg at an auto show when I was a kid.  We both live charmed lives.

6 hours ago, Casimir said:

I got to meet Boss Hogg at an auto show when I was a kid.  We both live charmed lives.

That's impressive...I get chills just thinking about it.  And how about this:  a couple of years ago one of my kids was at one of those big toy conventions in Toronto, and he got to meet Colonel Jimmy Hart, The Mouth of the South.

I taught Fortran to a future Boston Bruin, a future Hollywood actor and Danny Craig's (the miracle on ice goalie) brother all during the same semester.  

No, he wasn't a famous actor.  In fact, I didn't even know about it until I looked up his name last year.  I knew he had been drafted by the St Louis Blues, but didn't know what happened after that.   I remembered him because he was quite a character as a student.   He had some roles in soap operas and movies.  

John Shumski:

MV5BMTY3ODc0OTQ5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYz

• Like 1

John Shumski trumps everybody else in this thread.  I bow down to you.  We are not worthy.

I was about to say that I sat right beside Bobby Hull at the head table of a peewee hockey banquet about 35 years ago, and talked to him at length, but after John Shumski no one is going to be the slightest bit impressed by that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

John Shumski trumps everybody else in this thread.  I bow down to you.  We are not worthy.

I was about to say that I sat right beside Bobby Hull at the head table of a peewee hockey banquet about 35 years ago, and talked to him at length, but after John Shumski no one is going to be the slightest bit impressed by that.

Shumski is a legend.  I had a lot of division I hockey players when I was a teacher.  I once had a hockey player (not Shumski) and football player in the same class.  They were both huge.  The hockey player used to type very slowly with one huge finger that was really too big for the keyboard.  The football player told him: "You are doing it wrong.  Let me show you."  He them showed him how he could type faster if he used two fingers - one on each hand.  

I bet Shumski walks around the set talking about how he was once taught by tiger337.

• Like 1