My end of the year award winnners.  Which will be announced at the end of June, when nobody cares.

Executive of the Year - Morey, Pritchard, Presti?  I don't have a strong opinion on this one.

COY - Stevens.  Boston is going to win 55+ with Kyrie missing 25+ games.  Smart missing 30+ games.  Hayward missing 81.9 games.  Brown missing 10+ games.  Snyder is probably my runner-up.

ROY - Simmons.  This kid is so fun to watch.  Completely controls the game while shooting 11 3's for the year.  He will average a triple-double for a year sometime in his career.  I need to mention Mitchell here as well.  This kid had a great rookie year as well and would win this 99 times out of 100.  Just bad luck he shares his rookie year with Simmons.

DPOY - Gobert.  I know he will only end up playing about 55 games.  But he is too much of a difference maker to ignore.  

MIP - Oladipo.  

MVP - Harden.  You could make a case for Lebron too.

Rubio's revenge.

He is shooting 5 of 6 so far from three with 23 points against Minnesota in Minnesota.  Timberwolves in danger of dropping to the seventh seed.  Unlikely to happen, but they could still possible miss the playoffs.  

Start of the 4th they are down 16.

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

My end of the year award winnners.  Which will be announced at the end of June, when nobody cares.

Executive of the Year - Morey, Pritchard, Presti?  I don't have a strong opinion on this one.

COY - Stevens.  Boston is going to win 55+ with Kyrie missing 25+ games.  Smart missing 30+ games.  Hayward missing 81.9 games.  Brown missing 10+ games.  Snyder is probably my runner-up.

ROY - Simmons.  This kid is so fun to watch.  Completely controls the game while shooting 11 3's for the year.  He will average a triple-double for a year sometime in his career.  I need to mention Mitchell here as well.  This kid had a great rookie year as well and would win this 99 times out of 100.  Just bad luck he shares his rookie year with Simmons.

DPOY - Gobert.  I know he will only end up playing about 55 games.  But he is too much of a difference maker to ignore.  

MIP - Oladipo.  

MVP - Harden.  You could make a case for Lebron too.

Executive is Utah dude for me. Lindsey? Retooled that roster and landed Mitchell in the draft in the wake of losing a star and still looking likely to make the playoffs in the West. Morey would have been my other of course, with Paul, Tucker, Moute and Green. 

I'm about word for word with you on every other award 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Executive is Utah dude for me. Lindsey? Retooled that roster and landed Mitchell in the draft in the wake of losing a star and still looking likely to make the playoffs in the West. Morey would have been my other of course, with Paul, Tucker, Moute and Green. 

I'm about word for word with you on every other award 

Yep. Lindsey should be in there. Good call.

• Like 1

The west is a bit crazy.

Utah and San Antonio (before tonights games) have 3 games left.  Each team has a shot at the 3 seed. Each team has a shot at not making the playoffs.  

Wow.  Golden State cut Omri Casspi so they could sign Quinn Cook.

Poor guy took less money to sign with GSW just so he could finally get into the playoffs.  Now he gets cut and is ineligible for the playoffs even if he signs with another team, since he wasn't cut by March 1st.

The west is insane.

3 teams tied for the 5th seed.  The 4th seed is only a half game ahead of them.  Two teams tied for the 8th seed are only a game back of the 3 tied for 5th.  

I'm going to love it if Minnesota misses the playoffs.  

The Lakers signed a 10 year G-League vet yesterday. He made his NBA debut as a 32 year old rookie last night. He scored 11 points his first 6 minutes in the game. He finished with 19.

Raises for the G-League.

They will be raising salaries to $35,000 a season.  This is up from $19K and $25K.  They will also be paying for housing and offering insurance benefits.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Raises for the G-League.

They will be raising salaries to $35,000 a season.  This is up from $19K and $25K.  They will also be paying for housing and offering insurance benefits.  

are you kidding? The isn't even the value of the *legal* part of an SEC tender!

:P

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

There was another one about how they use a "4 point line". Its not actually worth that of course, even in practice, but they have another line beyond 3 that they imaginarily draw and they park their shooters out there and have them space the floor and step into shots. 

John Wall needs to shut up. You can't constantly take shots at teammates in the media.