Keepleyland2

3/30 @1:10 Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Detroit Tigers (opening day thread 2: Electric Bugaloo)

2 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Sometimes I wish they would adhere to a rule that any instant replay may only be reviewed for 90 or 120 seconds .. and then must either keep the original call OR reverse it based upon clear evidence.

I think all sports should do that.  You get 90 seconds, if you can't call it in 90 seconds then it's too close to overturn. 

Thank God MLB instituted the new pace-of-play rules, or else this game would be threatening to surpass 5 hours in length.

1 minute ago, clark1mt said:

Thank God MLB instituted the new pace-of-play rules, or else this game would be threatening to surpass 5 hours in length.

I'm confused.  25+ minutes an inning is... slow?

1 minute ago, brideck said:

I'm confused.  25+ minutes an inning is... slow?

The aim was to get 9-inning games in the neighborhood of 3 hours.  This game was 4 hours long at 9 innings.

Just now, clark1mt said:

The aim was to get 9-inning games in the neighborhood of 3 hours.  This game was 4 hours long at 9 innings.

They'll make up for it in the second 9 innings..............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They'll make up for it in the second 9 innings.

No way the Tiger bullpen survives another 9 innings.  Not this year .. not this decade .. not this century.

I told myself this season was going to be relaxing. No stress. They are going to be bad. No nail biting games.  No playoff implications from a loss in April.

Yet, on opening day, here we are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigrrfan said:

No way the Tiger bullpen survives another 9 innings.  Not this year .. not this decade .. not this century.

Norris would end up pitching and they'd probably call up Carpenter

Just now, Antrat said:

I told myself this season was going to be relaxing. No stress. They are going to be bad. No nail biting games.  No playoff implications from a loss in April.

Yet, on opening day, here we are. 

But if we win it will carry the stress over until tomorrow. Stress free would be to start the season 0-15.

I was taking a walk listening to my phone, so I am late in saying that instant replay still sucks.  

Wilson well over 55 pitches ..2 consecutive singles .. now 2 balls 0 strikes .. seems to have finally lost effectiveness.  But .. Tigers will probably wait until he gives up some runs.

Yep .. just gave up a 3-run HR.

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I gotta give Alex Wilson credit,  he's never asked to go this long.   This ain't on him.  

Well we have to make sure that the other pitchers are well rested for the playoffs in October.  It’s never too early to think like a winner.