Keepleyland2

3/30 @1:10 Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Detroit Tigers (opening day thread 2: Electric Bugaloo)

Unbelievable.  Terrible call but seriously how did Nick not score standing up on that?  Did he run on contact?  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That was too close to overturn.

Finally we agree.  Bro hug.

My initial reaction was that he was out, but I'm at a loss to see anything conclusive either way in any of the replays.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Unbelievable.  Terrible call but seriously how did Nick not score standing up on that?  Did he run on contact?  

It’s not a terrible call. I called him out in the moment because Castellanos had his legs tucked in. I was hoping I was wrong. I wish I was. 

This is the game that never ends...

It goes on and on my friends.

The teams just started playing it not knowing who would win,

It will go a hundred innings all because the umps decree...

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

The sound isn’t on in the bar. What are they saying about it?

They are saying the Randazzo family and Castellanos family has had a feud going back centuries. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

It’s not a terrible call. I called him out in the moment because Castellanos had his legs tucked in. I was hoping I was wrong. I wish I was. 

By terrible I meant reversing it.  I too thought he was out watching it live but they called him safe so after seeing the replays I didn't see anything that should've overturned the umps call.  It looked inconclusive to me.  

Cannot watch .. no TV .. only Netflix/Hulu?CBSAccess.  Was following on Gameday .. showed "run scored' .. thought it was over. 

Stupid instant replay reversal.

Both team still are going to be shuffling some arm stuff between the majors and minors before the series is over. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

By terrible I meant reversing it.  I too thought he was out watching it live but they called him safe so after seeing the replays I didn't see anything that should've overturned the umps call.  It looked inconclusive to me.  

Yeah, I don’t see how it gets overturned regardless of the original call. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Well, watching it without the sound on I expected them to overturn it. I was so hoping I was wrong. 

Ok that’s all in he past, bottom 11, time to win so we can laugh about the Casty ****up. 

I thought he was out as well. But I thought the replay showed it was inconclusive. 

When they were taking forever to make the call, I pretty much figured they were going to call him out.

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Both team still are going to be shuffling some arm stuff between the majors and minors before the series is over. 

I don't think so,  I am predicting a rainout tomorrow.   

Sometimes I wish they would adhere to a rule that any instant replay may only be reviewed for 90 or 120 seconds .. and then must either keep the original call OR reverse it based upon clear evidence.