Biff Mayhem

MLB Forum Refugees - Introduce yourselves

1 hour ago, bobrob2004 said:

No, it's always been bobrob2004.  Except on Twitter, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to give out our Twitter handles.  

Go ahead and share. It doesn't take anything away from this forum.

Yes, that was classic. As were "grapes" posts.

And remember when the Tigers were good and we would have an off day thread? None of us liked off days and weren't afraid to say so. 😀

5 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Go ahead and share. It doesn't take anything away from this forum.

I'm kinda on probation right now, so I have to be careful what I post.  My Twitter is @EyeOnTigers

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I prefer Bubb Rubb

BUBRUB!.png

2 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

I'm kinda on probation right now, so I have to be careful what I post.  My Twitter is @EyeOnTigers

OK that's it, you're banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An email happened to show up in my inbox today from Motownsports...now I've been going down memory lane.  Goodness this was a fun place to listen to games and chat!  Still connected to a few friends made online here, we have lost a few good guys over the years, didn't know this site even existed anymore.  Thanks for the smiles today... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Go Get 'Em Tigers said:

...didn't know this site even existed anymore.  Thanks for the smiles today... 

Welcome back!  We're going on 18 years now at MotownSports.com! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go Get 'Em Tigers said:

An email happened to show up in my inbox today from Motownsports...now I've been going down memory lane.  Goodness this was a fun place to listen to games and chat!  Still connected to a few friends made online here, we have lost a few good guys over the years, didn't know this site even existed anymore.  Thanks for the smiles today... 

We've not been doing much. We've been mostly waiting for you to show back up. Now you're here! :) 

• Haha 1

Just stumbled across this site, looks like there are a few refugees from the old MLB message boards.  Will be good to start interacting with those of you who have found this site once again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kj2018 said:

Just stumbled across this site, looks like there are a few refugees from the old MLB message boards.

Technically, most everyone here is a refugee of the MLB forums in one way or another since this place got its start as the Tigers official website and message board, way back in 1999.

That all said, welcome kj2018!

On 4/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, 1776 said:

Sounds like a couple of beers worth trying...

Most beers are worth trying.

Man am I confused. Did the MLB boards shut down?

also, my only burning question is how did some of you new peeps NOT know about this place? Every other tigers MB I’ve visited over the past 12 years can’t hold a candle to MTS....

no offense 😂

1 hour ago, thefunk said:

also, my only burning question is how did some of you new peeps NOT know about this place? Every other tigers MB I’ve visited over the past 12 years can’t hold a candle to MTS....

no offense 😂

MTS didn't have Jason Beck:D

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

MTS didn't have Jason Beck:D

We're a small market website and don't have the funds to spend as freely as the big club in an attempt to draw users.  We have to do our homework and find users in remote spots of the world, then groom them for nearly 18 years in an effort to compete.  We've done quite well considering.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

We're a small market website and don't have the funds to spend as freely as the big club in an attempt to draw users.  We have to do our homework and find users in remote spots of the world, then groom them for nearly 18 years in an effort to compete.  We've done quite well considering.  

This place is just fine, as far as I can tell. The "Jason Beck" comment was tongue-in-cheek. He was just a little bit too much of a "company man" for my tastes. 

I think the main reason why I just stayed at the MLB forums without bothering to look anywhere else is that all the teams (and their message boards) were linked out of one central location. It was convenient because if the Tigers had an upcoming series against any particular team it was easy to bop over to that team's message board beforehand and see what the  fans of the other team were feeling. Who is on a streak, who is in a slump, stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

The "Jason Beck" comment was tongue-in-cheek. He was just a little bit too much of a "company man" for my tastes. 

I took your comment as such (Tounge-in-cheek). No need to explain.

My response was an attempt at humor...  Sometimes I hit a homer, most times I strike out and toss my bat only to be ejected by the umpire.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Yeah but our Yacht was better than theirs.

14 hours ago, thefunk said:

no offense 😂

I didn't find out about it until the ESPN boards started changing in 2011 which made me look for something else.  Wish I found it sooner.