Mr.TaterSalad

Ken Holland Expected to Return With or Without a Contract

Mrazek’s appearance means the Wings get a higher pick, correct?

4 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Mrazek’s appearance means the Wings get a higher pick, correct?

They need him to win six playoff games and Flyers need to make ECF for the pick to jump to a second.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

They need him to win six playoff games and Flyers need to make ECF for the pick to jump to a second.  

Excellent. Go Mrazek!!

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How are the Wings fans going to react to Steve Yzerman signing an extension with Tampa Bay? 

Would there be any Wings' fans left?

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How are the Wings fans going to react to Steve Yzerman signing an extension with Tampa Bay? 

Yzermam would be nuts to leave TB for Detroit right now. 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, drownwithyou said:

They started Elliott the first two games... I don't see that happening... 

They started Elliott the first two games... I don't see that happening... 

Ya it was a pipe dream from the start, had to hope Elliot stayed hurt for the playoffs. Happy with the pick upgrade they got in season though, especially with the quality of play he’s given the Flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

And speaking to that, not only won't they get the 2nd round upgrade... but I highly doubt the Flyers sign him in the off-season. So we won't get their 2019 3rd round pick either.

But happy to get this year's 3rd.

Sounds like Tatar is going to be a healthy scratch today...yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody see the draft lottery? When the Wings got the sixth pick (one slot lower than their expected position) Ken Holland had the goofiest look on his face. Seemed like it was a, “Well, maybe I’ll be taking a forced retirement after all” kind of look. 

Steve Simmons of the rag Toronto Sun, so take it with a grain of salt, but ...

Mark Hunter will have at least two options available when mid-July hits and he’s available to join another NHL team. Lamoriello has interest in him with the Islanders. But word around now is that Detroit GM Ken Holland would be able to offer Hunter the same job he had in Toronto with a promise of being the next GM of the Red Wings. Holland, apparently, has serious interest in being involved with the Seattle expansion team, which would open the door for Hunter …

A Seattle franchise could be years off, especially if Bettman has a fetish for continuing his failed southern expansion and wants an NHL team in Houston. Our organization cannot wait for a Seattle team to be brought into the league, Kenny needs to be fired today.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

A Seattle franchise could be years off, especially if Bettman has a fetish for continuing his failed southern expansion and wants an NHL team in Houston. Our organization cannot wait for a Seattle team to be brought into the league, Kenny needs to be fired today.

Well Seattle's bid is specifically for 2020-2021, their potential fee of $150 million more than Vegas' buy in was agreed, and Seattle surpassed their season ticket deposit goal in 12 minutes.  I think there's a pretty good chance after Vegas' success it happens. 

10 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Well Seattle's bid is specifically for 2020-2021, their potential fee of $150 million more than Vegas' buy in was agreed, and Seattle surpassed their season ticket deposit goal in 12 minutes.  I think there's a pretty good chance after Vegas' success it happens. 

If you left Kenny in place until 2020-2021 that would cause even further damage to this franchise. I can't wait to see Seattle's expansion roster if indeed Kenny does leave though. 🤣🤣🤣

Darren Helm, Dan Cleary, Kyle Quincy, Jonathan Ericsson . . .

That first press conference with Kenny as Seattle's GM too . . .

Reporter: "So when do you expect this team to compete for the Stanley Cup?"

Holland: "Well, if you expect Cups you're in the wrong league."

Reporter: "But I though the goal of an NHL franchise was to win the ultimate prize, the Stanley Cup?"

Holland: "Well, less can be more exciting!"