Cleveland over New York, Houston over Boston

Houston over Cleveland

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East                                       
x-Washington     101-61
Atlanta                    81-81            
Philadelphia           79-83
New York                78-84
Miami                      56-106   (the worst-treated fan base in all of sports)

Central                                  
x-Chicago              96-66     
b-Milwaukee         86-76

St. Louis                 83-79
Pittsburgh             75-87
Cincinnati              68-94 

West                                  
x-Los Angeles       94-68
a-Arizona               87-75 

San Francisco       83-79
Colorado                80-82
San Diego              68-94

Arizona over Milwaukee

Los Angeles over Chicago
Washington over Arizona

Washington over Los Angeles

MVP - Nolan Arenado, Colorado 
Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles
Rookie - Ronald Acuna, Atlanta
Manager - Dave Martinez, Washington
First Manager Fired -  Don Mattingly, Miami (A mercy killing)
Biggest Star Traded Away - Joey Votto to Seattle 

2018 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION
Houston over Washington in 5

File:Houston-Astros-Logo.svg    

I will work on the rest of it, but I still see the Tigers as a 100 loss team. For them, 58-104 seems right. That is one full game better than I thought they were at the beginning of ST.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

not bold enough

There is only one bold setting,  Do you want me to add Italics 

I do think Atlanta could shock some people this year and I think the White Sox are better than people think but there are no real shockers in this year's field.    I think saying Joey Votto gets traded to Seattle is bold.    

So basically you picked a repeat of last year. When has that ever happened? 

There's always a surprise or two and always a disapointment. When you just pick all the teams that won last year, while safe, it's no fun. 

The Yankees won't be able to overcome the loss of Greg Bird for 6-8 weeks.  There current window is going to close.  Book it.

10 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

So basically you picked a repeat of last year. When has that ever happened? 

There's always a surprise or two and always a disapointment. When you just pick all the teams that won last year, while safe, it's no fun. 

This won't be a fun year.   The teams that will surprise were so far down last year that it won't be enough to crack the playoffs (Philly, Atlanta).   Things have changed in baseball.   Non-contending teams are all-in on tanking because that is how the Royals, Cubs and Astros built their teams.     Maybe St. Louis surprises, but I doubt it.       Baseball's offseason was quite stale - the teams that were already loaded just loaded more like the Yankees and Astros.   Teams that were on the verge of doing something like Milwaukee, Colorado and Minnesota really didn't do very much.    Not a believer in the LA Angels, their pitching is still mediocre and I don't think Kinsler is going to add much - plus Justin Upton is due for his yo-yo down year.     The only teams that seem to be willing to spend big now are already on top,  guess we have to wait for them to get stale or old or the owners to get stingy.    Two years ago would it have taken so long for Jake Arieta or J.D. Martinez to sign?   The method is very different now and it will lead to stagnation.    

Looking at Motor City Sonic's predictions, if I switch  the Tigers and the Royals positions in the AL Central, with the Tigers at 104 losses and the Royals with 92 losses, that would be about right. I would not be surprised to see Fulmer, Greene, Iggy, and Casty all traded by August  1, at about 6 to 5 odds.

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

AL MVP:  Lindor

The AL MVP is going to come from the Houston Astros............Take your pick.......Springer, Altuve, Correa, or Verlander.

Predictions: (a) Tigers win 62 even; (b) Washington finally breaks through and wins the World Series; (c) Kluber wins the AL CY after beating the crap out of the Tigers, White Sox, and Royals all season long; (d) Ohtani is okay, not great, so that'll seem like a bust; (e) Trout takes the AL MVP; (f) Rizzo is NL MVP; and unsurprisingly, (g) Kerhaw is NL CY.  

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This won't be a fun year.   The teams that will surprise were so far down last year that it won't be enough to crack the playoffs (Philly, Atlanta).   Things have changed in baseball.   Non-contending teams are all-in on tanking because that is how the Royals, Cubs and Astros built their teams.     Maybe St. Louis surprises, but I doubt it.       Baseball's offseason was quite stale - the teams that were already loaded just loaded more like the Yankees and Astros.   Teams that were on the verge of doing something like Milwaukee, Colorado and Minnesota really didn't do very much.    Not a believer in the LA Angels, their pitching is still mediocre and I don't think Kinsler is going to add much - plus Justin Upton is due for his yo-yo down year.     The only teams that seem to be willing to spend big now are already on top,  guess we have to wait for them to get stale or old or the owners to get stingy.    Two years ago would it have taken so long for Jake Arieta or J.D. Martinez to sign?   The method is very different now and it will lead to stagnation.    

But, again when has that ever happened in history. That every team that won the year before won again and all the bad teams are bad again? Injuries, flukes, etc take care of that. 

32 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

But, again when has that ever happened in history. That every team that won the year before won again and all the bad teams are bad again? Injuries, flukes, etc take care of that. 

Maybe a young team springs up - I think Atlanta could have a really good offense, but that pitching isn't there and I am surprised they didn't go after Arieta or Darvish.     But the bad teams seem like they got worse or remained stagnant.    The good teams stockpiled more than we're used to.    I don't think much will change and I don't think they'll be a lot of teams in it come September.  Maybe only about 3 teams fighting for 2 Wild Card spots in each league.  

That's why it's a bold prediction.

I am going to win a bunch of Vegas $$$$$ money on the BREWERS winning the World Series in October.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

Then it is bound to happen at some point in time.

Yankees, Indians, Houston with Boston and Minnesota as Wildcards.

I think Houston is coming out of the AL again.

Was, CHC, LAD with Mil and Phi(there's always one surprise) as Willdcards.

I think Los Angeles wins the NL

Dodgers over the Astros in 7.

AL ROY - Willie Calhoun  NL ROY - Ronald Acuna

AL  CY-   Justin Verlander  NL CY- Clayton Kershaw

AL  MVP- Byron Buxton     NL MVP- Corey Seager

Keep in mind last year I think the only award prediction I got right was Stanton as NL MVP so I'm not exactly good at this. 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, Charles Liston said:

AL MVP:  Lindor

That guy is so fun to watch.  I hate that he plays for Cleveland.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:51 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Yankees, Indians, Houston with Boston and Minnesota as Wildcards.

I think Houston is coming out of the AL again.

Was, CHC, LAD with Mil and Phi(there's always one surprise) as Willdcards.

I think Los Angeles wins the NL

Dodgers over the Astros in 7.

AL ROY - Willie Calhoun  NL ROY - Ronald Acuna

AL  CY-   Justin Verlander  NL CY- Clayton Kershaw

AL  MVP- Byron Buxton     NL MVP- Corey Seager

Keep in mind last year I think the only award prediction I got right was Stanton as NL MVP so I'm not exactly good at this. 

I figured I'd bump this thread up since we only got like a month left in the season.  All I got to say is I totally blew my picks especially the award winners.  I think my 2 MVP winners contributed negative WAR between them.  My AL picks are ok(even though 4 of the 5 were slam dunks) but of course the Twins made me look bad.  Of course seeing the Twins crap the bed never bothers me.  

My NL picks look terrible, I may only end up with 1 out of the 5 playoff teams but atleast I predicted the Phillies success and Acuna looks like he may be ROY but again that one was kind of a slam dunk pick.