ktpinnacle

Who Did Miguel Pass Today?

If Cabrera comes back and hits, no one will care if he said everyone in Detroit smells bad and he hates them

If he comes back and sucks, or doesn't come back, everyone will hate him even if he says Detroit is his home forever and all Tigers fans can come to his house and get 5 dollars

5 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

If Cabrera comes back and hits, no one will care if he said everyone in Detroit smells bad and he hates them

If he comes back and sucks, or doesn't come back, everyone will hate him even if he says Detroit is his home forever and all Tigers fans can come to his house and get 5 dollars

Such is the life of a guy who makes close to 30 million a year.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, pyrotigers said:

With the price of gas rising, 5 bucks ain’t gonna cut it.

I think baseball players get paid twice a month from March until October. Miggys check is just under $2 million for both pays each of those months. Thats for the next 6 years minimum, including this year. Miggys' good , maImage result for miguel cabrera memen!

On 5/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, pyrotigers said:

If Cabrera comes back and hits..........

How about   "If Cabrera comes back..........".     Seems like this ain't ending.   Is there any real news on this? 

40 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How about   "If Cabrera comes back..........".     Seems like this ain't ending.   Is there any real news on this? 

they reported he was jogging in the OF yesterday - so maybe another 6 weeks...xD

VMart is the DH .. until Chris grows some jewels .. or until 2019 .. whichever comes first. 

I wouldn't bet on the former.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

they reported he was jogging in the OF yesterday - so maybe another 6 weeks...xD

At last they are not rushing him back this time like they have so many times in the past.  Apparently, the problem is cardio.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

At last they are not rushing him back this time like they have so many times in the past.  Apparently, the problem is cardio.  

This why I wonder about his commitment. There is cardio work you can do without using your hamstring. He could have stayed home and found a pool to swim in, kayaked in an infinity pool, something, I just don't believe that with all the resources available, someone couldn't have found Miguel a way to stay in decent aero condition while he healed if he had pushed the issue, which I would expect an athlete tracking the HOF to have done.

I mean it's not like the game demands a guy to run marathons, it's fricking baseball - and 1b or DH at that.  - stay on your feet for 4 hrs and maybe run a 1/4 mile. Guys could do it who smoked 2 packs a day.

On 5/30/2018 at 1:11 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

This why I wonder about his commitment. There is cardio work you can do without using your hamstring. He could have stayed home and found a pool to swim in, kayaked in an infinity pool, something, I just don't believe that with all the resources available, someone couldn't have found Miguel a way to stay in decent aero condition while he healed if he had pushed the issue, which I would expect an athlete tracking the HOF to have done.

I mean it's not like the game demands a guy to run marathons, it's fricking baseball - and 1b or DH at that.  - stay on your feet for 4 hrs and maybe run a 1/4 mile. Guys could do it who smoked 2 packs a day.

yup, My first thought was how could he not be doing some light cardio of some sort?  It is not that hard.   

10 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Cabrera selfishly wants to end his career in Detroit

Hmm.

Wants the Detroit portion of his career to end now so he can finish it somewhere else

or

Wants to end his career now, and have a farewell at COPA

or

Wants his career to continue and he wants to stay in Detroit.

(You have to love the English language, you can always be right on some level no matter what you think)

On 5/29/2018 at 3:20 PM, FloridaTigers said:

When he does come back, can we just please DH him (in bubble wrap) moving forward?

unfortunately, they don't allow designated runners in MLB, and Miggy tends to have a high OBP and it's the running I worry about more.  Is he likely to stay looser on his feet at 1b or sitting on the bench? Of course a DH *can* go back into the clubhouse to work at staying loose - would Miguel?

23 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Whichever one fits the argument I am making.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,”said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

I always thought H-D got a bad reap. 

Time to get out of hibernation.  Hope a healthy Miggy gives me plenty to do today.  This work thing is getting old.