ktpinnacle

Who Did Miguel Pass Today?

I know it isn't an official MLB stat, but with the HR yesterday, he now has more home runs on the season than known children that he has fathered.

Let's look at today's reality that includes Miggy's HR & 3 RBI's last night:

2019 season stats:

Miguel Cabrera.. = 93 G , 24 R , 93 H, 14 D, 6 HR, 40 RBI, 30 BB, 75 KO, .278 BA, .339 OBP, .373 SLG, 0.712 OPS

James McCann = 76 G, 41 R , 80 H, 16 D, 12 HR, 33 RBI, 20 BB, 88 KO, .283 BA, .334 OBP, .466 SLG, 0.801 OPS

Jose Iglesais.... = 97 G, 38 R , 92 H , 13 D , 6 HR, 39 RBI, 14 BB, 50 KO, .280 BA, .312 OBP, .386 SLG, 0.698 OPS

..and just for fun:

Cameron Maybin = 44 G, 30 R, 40 H , 8 D , 5 HR , 15 RBI, 17 BB, 34 KO,  .323 BA, .404 OBP, .508 SLG, 0.912 OPS

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

dang. guy finally hits another dinger and gets 3 ribbies, and he doesn't pass anyone?

He's mired in a few wide gaps in some of the lists.  But he's set up well to pass a few folks with a decently productive run.  I'm still in shock that he and the team turned it on in Anaheim.  That never happens.  I still have nightmares about Porcello's one-inning wonder from a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

Let's look at today's reality that includes Miggy's HR & 3 RBI's last night:

2019 season stats:

Miguel Cabrera.. = 93 G , 24 R , 93 H, 14 D, 6 HR, 40 RBI, 30 BB, 75 KO, .278 BA, .339 OBP, .373 SLG, 0.712 OPS

James McCann = 76 G, 41 R , 80 H, 16 D, 12 HR, 33 RBI, 20 BB, 88 KO, .283 BA, .334 OBP, .466 SLG, 0.801 OPS

Jose Iglesais.... = 97 G, 38 R , 92 H , 13 D , 6 HR, 39 RBI, 14 BB, 50 KO, .280 BA, .312 OBP, .386 SLG, 0.698 OPS

..and just for fun:

Cameron Maybin = 44 G, 30 R, 40 H , 8 D , 5 HR , 15 RBI, 17 BB, 34 KO,  .323 BA, .404 OBP, .508 SLG, 0.912 OPS

We all know the reality, T.  We see it every night.

4 hours ago, ktpinnacle said:

We all know the reality, T.  We see it every night.

Yes .. I realize most here are astutely knowledgeable about the numbers.  Many here could recite players and states from the 20's and 30's ..right up to today.  i can too.  But whether most already know the numbers ..some, if they are like me ..not only do their own research ..but sometimes like to see the research that others do.  So ..now and then I do share some things that many others already know.  

Just thought it was interesting that the 2 players Detroit simply let walk away after last year are doing as well as Miggy thus far this year.  Indeed, I truly hoped that Miggy would have been better thus far ..and I am not giving up hope (yet) that he will eventually pick it up a notch ..and maintain it.

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Yes .. I realize most here are astutely knowledgeable about the numbers.  Many here could recite players and states from the 20's and 30's ..right up to today.  i can too.  But whether most already know the numbers ..some, if they are like me ..not only do their own research ..but sometimes like to see the research that others do.  So ..now and then I do share some things that many others already know.  

Just thought it was interesting that the 2 players Detroit simply let walk away after last year are doing as well as Miggy thus far this year.  Indeed, I truly hoped that Miggy would have been better thus far ..and I am not giving up hope (yet) that he will eventually pick it up a notch ..and maintain it.

I think that discussion fits better in one of the multiple "Miggy sucks" threads than in this one.

GAME 103

Plate Appearances - 10,063 (83) - Passed <Mike Schmidt> at 10,062.

Hits - 2,771 (54) - Passed JOHNNY DAMON at 2,769.

Total Bases - 4,789 (30) - Passed <Andre Dawson> at 4,787.

17 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I think that discussion fits better in one of the multiple "Miggy sucks" threads than in this one.

Next time.

Thx.

• Like 1

GAME 105

Strikeouts - 1,732 (T32) - Passed Jim Edmonds at 1,729 and <Lou Brock> at 1,730.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You'd lose that bet badly.

What we really need here is a discussion centered on Fielder Jones.

Or Finners Quinlan.

Miguel just passed Aubrey Huff on my list of all time Tigers that id least like to see up in a situation where we need a clutch extra base hit.

3 minutes ago, TallBaby said:

Miguel just passed Aubrey Huff on my list of all time Tigers that id least like to see up in a situation where we need a clutch extra base hit.

That's pretty rough.

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

That's pretty rough.

Especially when Cabrera is tied for the highest BA in MLB with men in scoring position (.425) and drove in a guy the night before.  

We'd all like to see the guy who had 70+ XBH a season, but he's not there.  It's not likely we'll ever see him again.  It was clear again last night that he had lost a step against a Lynn fastball.  Wish he and the team had taken better care of his health and the team investment. But we're here and I'll take what he's got left, frustrations and all, until the team becomes competitive again.  At that point, we'll need more than a replacement level or so DH.  At that point the team will have a dollar decision to make.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:02 PM, gmoney said:

Harry Hooper?

If you are mentioned in the same breath as Harry Hooper, that is impressive.

Hooper was born before Adolf Hitler.  

He was born only 22 years after the end of the Civil War.

Retired before the Great Depression.

I am also betting that no one on this message board had ever heard of Harry Hooper before.

While I did not see him play,  He was  considered the premier  defensive right fielder until Kaline came along. Had a very long  career. Near the end of his career, in1924, he batted .328 av,.413 obp .894 ops. He had only 10 hr in the 1924 season though.

26 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

While I did not see him play,  He was  considered the premier  defensive right fielder until Kaline came along. Had a very long  career. Near the end of his career, in1924, he batted .328 av,.413 obp .894 ops. He had only 10 hr in the 1924 season though.

Had you seen him play, you would be over 100 years old probably.

GAME 106

Runs Scored - 1,414 (92) - Passed LUIS GONZALEZ at 1,412.

Runs Batted in - 1,678 (29) - Passed GARY SHEFFIELD at 1,676.

Singles - 1,714 (113) - Passed <ALAN TRAMMELL>, Mickey Vernon and <Bid McPhee> at 1,713.

Grounded into Double Plays - 313 (9) - Passed Julio Franco at 312.

17 hours ago, gmoney said:

Had you seen him play, you would be over 100 years old probably.

Absolutely true, as Harry Hooper was a teammate of Ruth when Ruth was with the Red Sox.