ktpinnacle

Who Did Miguel Pass Today?

21 minutes ago, ktpinnacle said:

GAME 4

Singles - 1,614 (150) - Passed <Joe Medwick> at 1,613.

Suck it, Ducky.

1934pic2.jpg

• Like 1

"Well, I knew why the Tiger fans threw that garbage at me. What I don't understand is why they brought it to the park in the first place."--Joe "Ducky" Medwick

18 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

"Well, I knew why the Tiger fans threw that garbage at me. What I don't understand is why they brought it to the park in the first place."--Joe "Ducky" Medwick

Valid point.

So, in high school, our all dudes school opened up on the road against a high school with a decent sized Jewish population.  When our lineup was introduced, a few bars of soap with string taped them were tossed onto the floor.  When their lineup was introduced, a few bagels were tossed onto the floor.  Techs were assessed to both sides.  The game was played on without additional issues.

The next day at school, the leaders had a talking to the students about it.  One weisenheimer spoke up and suggested that our school was innocent as the other side provoked first, and nothing would have happened had they not started.  To which one wise padre replied, "You mean to tell me that there just so happened to be bagels well within reach in the stands of a basketball game?  This went off without a plan?"

This may as well be a good place for this.  I started this a few years ago but didn't update it at all last year since Miggy was having a down year.

This is how he compares to Hank Aaron at a similar # of plate appearances.  worth noting that at this point Miggy is a year older than Hank was.

We're into the 1968 season of Hank Aaron for these and he did have a "down" year of only 29 homers.  But he averages 40 homers the next 4 seasons.

aaron_miggy_3Apr18.PNG

26 minutes ago, Oblong said:

This may as well be a good place for this.  I started this a few years ago but didn't update it at all last year since Miggy was having a down year.

This is how he compares to Hank Aaron at a similar # of plate appearances.  worth noting that at this point Miggy is a year older than Hank was.

We're into the 1968 season of Hank Aaron for these and he did have a "down" year of only 29 homers.  But he averages 40 homers the next 4 seasons.

aaron_miggy_3Apr18.PNG

Works for me.  We'll see if Miggy can remain healthy.  

Lynn Henning, if he were to see this, would suggest that Miggy would have 520 homers by now.... if not for.... you know.

GAME 5

Plate Appearances - 9,554 (115) - Passed Brett Butler (yesterday) at 9,545.

7 hours ago, ktpinnacle said:

GAME 5

Plate Appearances - 9,554 (115) - Passed Brett Butler (yesterday) at 9,545.

Brett Butler had 9,545 plate appearances?  Oh, don't tell me that, you're going to make me puke.

Next thing I know, you're going to tell me that Minky, a first baseman who hit like your sister, had over 3,800 plate appearances.  There's no way that I'm believing that, so let's just shut down the FAKE NEWS right now.  SAD!

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Brett Butler had 9,545 plate appearances?  Oh, don't tell me that, you're going to make me puke.

Next thing I know, you're going to tell me that Minky, a first baseman who hit like your sister, had over 3,800 plate appearances.  There's no way that I'm believing that, so let's just shut down the FAKE NEWS right now.  SAD!

Everyone has their favorites.  I'll attach some Pepto Bismol with future posts, just in case.  

We deal with the cold, hard facts here.  And fortunately, Miggy is well past Minky, so you don't have to worry.  More to come.

18 hours ago, Oblong said:

Lynn Henning, if he were to see this, would suggest that Miggy would have 520 homers by now.... if not for.... you know.

Henning's epitaph is gonna be "Bring those unfair fences in! They're unfair!"

• Like 1

and I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I maintain that Hank Aaron is the most underrated player in MLB history.

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

and I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I maintain that Hank Aaron is the most underrated player in MLB history.

Bonds

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Chester Lemon

On 3/30/2018 at 11:19 PM, ktpinnacle said:

GAME 1 - Start of the 2018 Season

Times On Base - 3,764 (72) - Passed <Brooks Robinson> at 3,761.

Not that ktpinnacle needs a spokesperson, but when you see a player listed in < >, it denotes a Hall of Famer.

A player listed in ALL CAPS denotes a former Detroit Tiger.

Although (as of this post) the Tigers have the worst record in baseball (tied with a few others), we're only 1.5 games out of first!  

~K

1 hour ago, holygoat said:

Henning's epitaph is gonna be "Bring those unfair fences in! They're unfair!"

They turned Angel Stadium into a band box by dropping the RF homer line.  Trout just took advantage of it.

I was fine with them pulling in LF at Comerica years ago, but I like the field as it is today.  Our pitchers are going to need it.

34 minutes ago, Kari Smith said:

Not that ktpinnacle needs a spokesperson, but when you see a player listed in < >, it denotes a Hall of Famer.

A player listed in ALL CAPS denotes a former Detroit Tiger.

Although (as of this post) the Tigers have the worst record in baseball (tied with a few others), we're only 1.5 games out of first!  

~K

Yea!  I get a spokesperson here!  Thx Kari!

Actually, I might need one.  I don't remember my Lexington, MI from my Livingston, NJ (a town near where I grew up).

Make your playoff plans now - we're going all the way!

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Bonds

That's unwinnable.  You either care or don't care about the PED and your take on him will reflect that.  I don't see that as a people underrating him but rather not accepting what he did accomplish for an external reason.  

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

That's unwinnable.  You either care or don't care about the PED and your take on him will reflect that.  I don't see that as a people underrating him but rather not accepting what he did accomplish for an external reason.  

But if you think half the league was taking PEDs and that the effect of PEDs is exaggerated, you can say that Bonds was underrated.   There is likely less PED use now that when Bonds was playing, but more homeruns are being hit.  Could juiced balls be the bigger reason then and now?

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Bonds

Call Barry Now!

If you bring an inside joke to another message board, does it become an outside joke?  

4 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Call Barry Now!

If you bring an inside joke to another message board, does it become an outside joke?  

Or an inside out joke perhaps?