Jump to content

ktpinnacle

Who Did Miguel Pass Today?

Recommended Posts

With the demise of the mlb.com message boards, I'm looking for another location to provide the (almost) daily updates on Miggy and his climb up the various historical stat lists.  

Any comments on whether this is an appropriate new home for that info?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ktpinnacle said:

With the demise of the mlb.com message boards, I'm looking for another location to provide the (almost) daily updates on Miggy and his climb up the various historical stat lists.  

Any comments on whether this is an appropriate new home for that info?

 

You have come to the right place sir, and you are most welcome.  This place is run by an ethereal presence named @MWG , and he may or may not exist, but nevertheless he makes everyone welcome here but that does not mean that you can wipe your butt on the curtains.

As for whether or not this is the right place for continuous updates about Miggy's progression up the historical counting stats leaders, yes it is absolutely the best place for that, as long as you are willing to provide it for the rest of us.  Will we provide it for you?  Of course not.  We're counting on you, from now on.

You will enjoy yourself here, it is the only Tigers message board where people can actually spell and punctuate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take responsibility for providing the updates, on a variety of MLB and Tiger stats, as I have been for the past four (?) years at the mlb.com message board.  But I certainly accept misses from kind readers.  As for spelling and punctuation, I give youse know garanteas.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have been greeted by the official greeter of MotownSports.  Consider yourself lucky.  Welcome home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three questions:

  • What is your name?
  • What is your quest?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ktpinnacle said:

I take responsibility for providing the updates, on a variety of MLB and Tiger stats, as I have been for the past four (?) years at the mlb.com message board.  But I certainly accept misses from kind readers.  As for spelling and punctuation, I give youse know garanteas.

If you are wrong about something, Shelton will let you know.  And if he doesn't do it, somebody else will.  Also, be prepared for entire threads discussing whether one of your updates matters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If you are wrong about something, Shelton will let you know.  And if he doesn't do it, somebody else will.  Also, be prepared for entire threads discussing whether one of your updates matters.  

That’s not true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casimir said:

Three questions:

  • What is your name?
  • What is your quest?
  • What is your favorite color?

I will answer those in time, in addition to the unladen airspeed velocities of both the european and african swallows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

If you are wrong about something, Shelton will let you know.  And if he doesn't do it, somebody else will.  Also, be prepared for entire threads discussing whether one of your updates matters.  

I'm just hoping that the stretches of nothing to report are shorter than last year.  Miggy gave me very little to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ktpinnacle said:

I will answer those in time, in addition to the unladen airspeed velocities of both the european and african swallows.

We've got a real life ROY candidate here.  Avila is not messing around with the rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today Miggy passed:

   .....a stop sign held up by the 3rd base coach.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he didn't pass out after all that running.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gzbach said:

Today Miggy passed:

   .....a stop sign held up by the 3rd base coach.

A thought occurred to me.  Does anyone think Dave Clark is giving visual base stop/go signs for the runner rounding third but audibly telling the runner what to do in order to disguise things for the defense?  I kind of doubt it, at least for the majority of the time.  Or maybe something like a stop sign below the head means go, a stop sign above the head means stop?  I wonder if they've gotten a few "wink winks" in over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ktpinnacle said:

With the demise of the mlb.com message boards, I'm looking for another location to provide the (almost) daily updates on Miggy and his climb up the various historical stat lists.  

Any comments on whether this is an appropriate new home for that info?

 

As long as it’s non-commercial and informational that’s cool.  We just don’t allow links to other websites etc. to gain readers or enhance their revenue streams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's had some issues with passing paternity tests recently. I'm glad the Detroit newspapers covered those stories so vigorously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ktpinnacle will make an awesome contributor to these message boards.

I am also a refugee of the closed MLB boards.  On the MLB Tigers' board, ktpinnacle had a thread that highlighted Miguel Cabrera's ascension up the all-time ranks in a variety of statistics.  Since this message board seems to have far more activity than the one I came from, I just hope that ktpinnacle's thread won't get too polluted by comments to make his amazing work be wasted.

My name is Kari and love Tigers baseball!

~K

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Hi Kari, that's pretty much what we do here, we pollute with our comments.

LOL -- true.  :)  

Once you see ktpinnacle's thread, you'll see what I mean.    :)

~K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome... we hope you find it a fun place.  This group's been around forever.  Some go back to 2000. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kari Smith said:

ktpinnacle will make an awesome contributor to these message boards.

I am also a refugee of the closed MLB boards.  On the MLB Tigers' board, ktpinnacle had a thread that highlighted Miguel Cabrera's ascension up the all-time ranks in a variety of statistics.  Since this message board seems to have far more activity than the one I came from, I just hope that ktpinnacle's thread won't get too polluted by comments to make his amazing work be wasted.

My name is Kari and love Tigers baseball!

~K

We're just here to talk Tigers baseball homey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oblong said:

Welcome... we hope you find it a fun place.  This group's been around forever.  Some go back to 2000. 

 

Further than that actually. There was a thread on this several months ago. We’ve been on several boards that folded. But clearly, the survivors exist here. The tired, the weary, you get the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×