kdog

Zimmerman will start opening day

On 3/21/2018 at 12:05 PM, Shelton said:

There are plenty of seasons when opening day at home is not the first game of the year, of course. 

It’s just a bunch of ceremonial crap. I understand that there is a certain degree of honor or whatever to being named opening day starter, but that shouldn’t mean all that much to fans. 

None of us are in the clubhouse. If Zimmermann really is the “leader” of the pitching staff right now, then giving him the silly honor makes plenty of sense. 

If the fans don’t like it, they can sell their ticket and go to game 2 to see fulmer pitch. The lines for beer and the bathroom will be shorter, and the tickets and parking will cost less. 

Yeah, this.

On 3/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, kdog said:

Gardy just named Zimm the opening day starter because he is a leader and a veteran. 

I literally LOL'd when I saw your tags for this thread!!  Disaster!  Refund!   LOL

~K

I remember a few years ago there was a big debate going between Verlander and Scherzer for opening day starter.  Some wanted Scherzer to start because he just won a Cy Young Award.  Others wanted Verlander to start because he had a streak going.  It was a big deal.

A few years later, it's not a big deal.  I find that funny.