kdog

Zimmerman will start opening day

Zimmermann's a bulldog out there that knows how to win, plus he is a veteran that is more apt to dealing with the pressure of pitching on opening day for a last place team with zero expectations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Zimmermann's a bulldog out there that knows how to win, plus he is a veteran that is more apt to dealing with the pressure of pitching on opening day for a last place team with zero expectations. 

Now you're talkin'.  That's what we need more of around here.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  **** no.  He's going to teach the other players how to win.  We haven't had anyone like that since what, Torri Hunter?  

Every time Zimmermann takes the mound, you know he's going to battle and compete even when he doesn't have his best stuff.  

Zimmermann is such a great leader that he gains 1 WAR just for showing up at the park. 

Fine, I’ll say it. I like Zimmermann being the opening day starter. 

19 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Shelton thread.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Opening day will be the only sellout this season. They deserve Fulmer. 

Yeah, opening day fans don’t deserve anything more than fans at games 2-81. Probably even less. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

31.8% of those fans will be blackout drunk.

And that's while coming into the ballpark.

There are plenty of seasons when opening day at home is not the first game of the year, of course. 

It’s just a bunch of ceremonial crap. I understand that there is a certain degree of honor or whatever to being named opening day starter, but that shouldn’t mean all that much to fans. 

None of us are in the clubhouse. If Zimmermann really is the “leader” of the pitching staff right now, then giving him the silly honor makes plenty of sense. 

If the fans don’t like it, they can sell their ticket and go to game 2 to see fulmer pitch. The lines for beer and the bathroom will be shorter, and the tickets and parking will cost less. 

Speaking of opening day, I just a commercial advertising opening day tickets.  Pretty sad when there are still tickets available now, usually they sell out right a way.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

And 57.2% will leave by the 4th inning on a 42 degree day.

You are all exaggerating by 43.6% by my estimation. 

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

And 57.2% will leave by the 4th inning on a 42 degree day.

Per the early forecast, 52 and partly sunny. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If you're only counting individuals, and Jim Adduci's Dad is one of them, you are seriously underestimating the overall effect.

I am concerned about what's going to happen if Deuce gets cut.  It's been a tough year for his father.  He went into major gambling debt, lost his job and then Mrs Aducci left him.  They are back together again because she is such a patient lady who never gives up on him. She even arranged to get his job back.  Brandon McCann Sr took him back at the factory.  He knows he is a bum who will go back to his old ways again, but how could he say no to that saint of a lady?  Besides, he likes getting free tickets from Adduci Sr whenever Deuce is with the Tigers. The problem is if he doesn't make the team, everything is going to fall apart again.  

9 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I am concerned about what's going to happen if Deuce gets cut.  It's been a tough year for his father.  He went into major gambling debt, lost his job and then Mrs Aducci left him.  They are back together again because she is such a patient lady who never gives up on him. She even arranged to get his job back.  Brandon McCann Sr took him back at the factory.  He knows he is a bum who will go back to his old ways again, but how could he say no to that saint of a lady?  Besides, he likes getting free tickets from Adduci Sr whenever Deuce is with the Tigers. The problem is if he doesn't make the team, everything is going to fall apart again.  

Junior will just go back to living in his parents basement, avoiding his dad and writing critical remarks about Tiger management on various message boards. He's easy to find, just look for the misuse of there, their and they're. He never could figure out the difference. He should of stayed in 10th grade.

• Like 1

Jim was assigned to minor league camp today. Time to start looking under the overpasses for senior. 

"They cut my son so ******* banjo hitter Reyes can make the team.  Avila has **** for brains and Gardenhire is a senile old ****."

jim_adduci_autograph.jpg