RedRamage

Lions RELEASING Ebron??

This really surprises me... I understand wanting that money, but... wow.

This would seem to indicate that the Lions are definitely targeting some big FA or a lot of middle of the road FA...

Hopefully this means they have a defensive free agent lined up for that money (and some sort of plan at TE because they are horrid there now) otherwise I would have liked to see how Ebron built on the end of last season.  I still think he can be a solidly productive move TE.

Hopefully this means they have a defensive free agent lined up for that money (and some sort of plan at TE because they are horrid there now) otherwise I would have liked to see how Ebron built on the end of last season.  I still think he can be a solidly productive move TE.

Yes, an outright release must mean they are clearing space to bring in an anchor piece for their DL. Next season they have almost $70 million in cap space.

But if there is not a corresponding signing... that would be bad.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Suh?   Never more.  They're signing Poe.   

I though he was a lock to go to Baltimore....

Been warning he might get dropped with that salary. The Patriot way claims its first victim

Suh is a pipe dream, but still my dream, by far

Roberts isn't special, but if you didn't value what Ebron brought to the table, Roberts can duplicate what Fells did IMO, as a year 2 player. They'll add at least a body of course. 

I’m curious how JBC felt about this move. Was he exasperated by Ebron (like it is now being rumored several veterans were) or did he resist the cut?

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Why would Joe Barry Carroll care about the Lions cutting a TE?

i bet he barely cares.

I mean, nobody would sign Ebron for 1/8 right now would they? Its that simple isn't it?

I have a feeling this might be as much a personality thing as it is a football or salary thing.   

And it could also believe because they love Michael Roberts and think they got a steal in the 7th. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I have a feeling this might be as much a personality thing as it is a football or salary thing.   

And it could also believe because they love Michael Roberts and think they got a steal in the 7th. 

He was a 4 fwiw

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

He was a 4 fwiw

Regardless, maybe they just think when you factor in blocking, attitude and salary they are much better off with him.     Maybe that's why they let Fells go too.     And the 3rd/4th round is probably where you should be looking for a TE unless they are an absolute superstar.   

Ebron gets flogged a lot for where he was drafted, which wasn't his fault.  

On 3/17/2018 at 9:00 AM, Nastradamus said:

I mean, nobody would sign Ebron for 1/8 right now would they? Its that simple isn't it?

I made the same argument for 1/17.1 million for Ansah.

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Regardless, maybe they just think when you factor in blocking, attitude and salary they are much better off with him.     Maybe that's why they let Fells go too.     And the 3rd/4th round is probably where you should be looking for a TE unless they are an absolute superstar.   

Ebron gets flogged a lot for where he was drafted, which wasn't his fault.  

of course, he'd have gotten flogged less in general if he had had any media sense.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

of course, he'd have gotten flogged less in general if he had had any media sense.

Yeah, and that might be part of why they let him go.   

6 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Ebron signed with the Colts for 2 years / 15 million.

LOL - 1/8 vs 2/15? I think 1/8 is a better deal from the  team side - granted that is depending on what the guarantees are.

i suspect the lions might have had a problem with ebron's act as much as his price tag.