Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

3/12 @1:05 p.m. Washington Nationals vs Detroit Tigers

Nationals vs Tigers Spring Training Game 19.

Pubix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland

e95063779027723.jpg

From the 1976 Yearbook

•  
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Detroit radio and TV for this one. 

MLBN is picking this one up as well.  Hopefully the Tigers can win two out of the three broadcast options.

Edwin Jackson on the mound for the DCs.  Cabrera is 1/1 against him.  Castellanos and Iglesias are both 0/3 and McCant is 0/2.  This might be a rough one today.

I don’t remember Jim Crawford because I was out of touch with the Tigers, living in Tucson at the time, actually on a property right next to his old High School, Tucson High. I would check occasional box scores in the paper and that was it.  It was much harder to follow something like this back then than now. 

Boyd with 3 innings of one-hit shutout ball Three k’s 2 bb’s. Candelario with an rbi forceout and tigers lead 1-0. 

Sounds like Carpenter did reasonably well today, too.

John Hicks with another triple.

Hicks’ routine fly ball becomes a triple and the Tigers lead 2-1 and a pass ball makes it 3-1. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Hicks’ routine fly ball becomes a triple and the Tigers lead 2-1 and a pass ball makes it 3-1. 

The first run was scored on a ground out.

Gardyball in full effect.

• Like 1

Everybody but the eight and nine hitters was removed at the top of the seventh.   Montgomery gets out of a jam too. 

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I don’t remember Jim Crawford because I was out of touch with the Tigers, living in Tucson at the time, actually on a property right next to his old High School, Tucson High. I would check occasional box scores in the paper and that was it.  It was much harder to follow something like this back then than now. 

I had the same reaction, so I had to look him up.  In the 3 years from 76 to 78 he appeared in 89 games without me finding out about it.  He was a slump-breaker, with a career 1.53 WHIP.

As you can see some of these pics are gonna be like who? others will be tram. Just trying to get some discussion possibilities especially when we are 38-72.

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

As you can see some of these pics are gonna be like who? others will be tram. Just trying to get some discussion possibilities especially when we are 38-72.

No this is exactly what we need here.  Things are bad, but at least Jim Crawford isn't on the team.

I remember Jim Crawford mostly because of this:

December 6, 1975: Traded by the Houston Astros with Milt May and Dave Roberts to the Detroit Tigers for Terry Humphrey, Mark Lemongello, Gene Pentz and Leon Roberts.

I remember everybody getting excited about Christmas, but I was more interested in how great Dave Roberts and Milt May were going to be.  

The other thing I remember about Crawford was his traded card.  I thought it was funny that they included him in a headline of a trade that included multiple players that were better than him.  I know it was just a Topps thing, but I was just 12 and it struck me as funny.  

49.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The other thing I remember about Crawford was his traded card.  I thought it was funny that they included him in a headline of a trade that included multiple players that were better than him.  I know it was just a Topps thing, but I was just 12 and it struck me as funny.  

49.jpg

I've never seen that before.  You're right, it's funny.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:43 PM, IdahoBert said:

39D4C09B-B530-4037-943D-3A6C1F4E0BAE.png

This thing must work great! I haven’t seen the first negative review on Amazon.

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

49.jpg

Catfish Crawford? From Tucson, with no bodies of water anywhere? 

• Like 1

From urban dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION

1) Adj: used to describe someone who has reached the highist rank of badass. 
2) Adj: also used to describe someone who has mastered the fine art of pleasing the ladies in a badass form. 
3) Synonym for Badass The epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether it's ordering a drink, buying a set of wheels, or dealing with women. He's slow to anger, brutally efficient when fighting back. The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses, uninfluenced by fads or advertising campaigns. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable. Like a fine car or a good pair of sunglasses: simple, direct, and functional.
1) "Dude, check that guy out... what a Crawford, I totally want to be him." 
2) Marie: "So how did it go with your guy last night?" 
Clara: "It was mindblowing!! I came like 20 times! He was a total Crawford. 
3) Did you see that guy with the Ferrari and the Ray Bands? He is a total Crawford.

Jim Adduci is definitely a Crawford.  

I'm so confused.  Yes clearly Jim Adduci is a Crawford according to the Urban Dictionary definition of Crawford, in fact he's about 10 Crawfords.  But I have no idea of what the etymology of "Crawford" might be...who was the original Crawford?  I have the feeling that I'm about to be exposed as shockingly undereducated or oblivious to pop culture.

2 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'm so confused.  Yes clearly Jim Adduci is a Crawford according to the Urban Dictionary definition of Crawford, in fact he's about 10 Crawfords.  But I have no idea of what the etymology of "Crawford" might be...who was the original Crawford?  I have the feeling that I'm about to be exposed as shockingly undereducated or oblivious to pop culture.

I assumed it was Jim Crawford.