Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

March 9-March 18, 2018 Combined Game Thread

Wings kept it close in Montreal this time. But lost 4-2. Now 3 points behind the Habs. So Wings firmly in 5th worst place overall. And with Arizona and Buffalo both getting surprise wins tonight, the Wings are just 2 points up on 2nd worst overall (3-way tie among Ottawa, Vancouver and Arizona) and 5 points up on dead last. 

The Wings have 65 points through 76 games. So would top out at 77 even in extremely unlikely event they win out. That will be below last year's total of 79 points.

The Wings are doing a great job of tanking while not tanking. Or is it not tanking while tanking?

11 hours ago, Euphdude said:

The Wings are doing a great job of tanking while not tanking. Or is it not tanking while tanking?

Just lose, baby.

11 hours ago, Euphdude said:

...doing a great job of tanking while not tanking.

This sounds better than the other way around...

Several of Holland's bad contracts are scoring tonight as Wings lead Pittsburgh 4-1: Helm, Glendening, Nielsen, Kronwall. 

Larkin with 2 assists has 56 points on the year. Would be nice for him to get up to 60.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Wings beat Pittsburgh 5-2. 

Hicketts with 17:40 TOI.

They tweeted out a lineup with XO in instead of him to make me look foolish.  Damn you Holland.

Red Wings beat the Sabres 6-3 and they won't finish last overall. Larkin, Mantha and Svech all scored tonight. Looking like a finish between 4th-6th worst overall.

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Red Wings beat the Sabres 6-3 and they won't finish last overall. Larkin, Mantha and Svech all scored tonight. Looking like a finish between 4th-6th worst overall.

I'm not sure what's funnier for people who want to tank, the Red Wings beating Buffalo or the Blackhawks winning their game last night using an emergency goaltender for 15 minutes who is an accountant and last played in college 10 years ago (with a hot 9.00 GAA in one appearance!).

Big Joe Hicketts with another assist, point per game baby!

18 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

I'm not sure what's funnier for people who want to tank, the Red Wings beating Buffalo or the Blackhawks winning their game last night using an emergency goaltender for 15 minutes who is an accountant and last played in college 10 years ago (with a hot 9.00 GAA in one appearance!).

Big Joe Hicketts with another assist, point per game baby!

Yeah I meant to mention beer leaguer's Scott Foster awesome moment. The guy's from Sarnia, played at Western Michigan years ago, is in a beer league in Chicago, and went 7 for 7 on shots last night including a save on Statsny. Might have been my favourite moment of the year, even if he was wearing the uniform of an ugly team

• Like 1

I would have pooped my pants if Laine was barreling down on me then slid it across the slot to a wide open Statsny, what a save.  It was awesome seeing how happy everyone was after the game...and he was the first star!

I hope they gave him the day off at the accounting office today, I'm sure Patty Kane took him out for drinks.

Here are his buds back at Johnny's Elite Beer League watching the game. Good thing he is from an ELITE beer league.  If from a regular beer league he would have got lit up by the Jets.

johnnys.jpg

I don't get this "rumor" (originated from exactly one source/speculator it sounds like) about Datsyuk considering a return to Detroit for next season. Isn't he an Arizona Coyote now anyways?