lordstanley

March 9-March 18, 2018 Combined Game Thread

harkness-ned-71-72-red-wings_orig.jpg

Friday March 9 - @ Columbus 7:00pm

Monday March 12 - @ San Jose 10:30pm

Thursday March 15 - @ Los Angeles 10:30pm

Friday March 16 - @ Anaheim 10:00pm

Sunday March 18 - @ Colorado 3:00pm

Wings lost to Columbus 3-2 last night with Coreau in net. But the damn Canucks and Senators lost as well.

Even I found watching a west coast game tedious last night.... got bored after the first period and watched the Food Network until I drifted off to sleep like the old man I am.

I will say the combo of AA and Svechnikov on the third line looked freaking awful.

Zetterberg is only 3 points behind Larkin to be the team's leading scorer. This team could well get worse before getting better.

The Wings are now a bottom 5 team thanks to this 7 game losing streak. Ottawa just 2 back, Canucks 4 back. Even the last overall have closed to within 8 back and are leading tonight.

12 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Zetterberg is only 3 points behind Larkin to be the team's leading scorer. This team could well get worse before getting better.

The Wings are now a bottom 5 team thanks to this 7 game losing streak. Ottawa just 2 back, Canucks 4 back. Even the last overall have closed to within 8 back and are leading tonight.

Keep fallin for Dahlin!  I would love for them to jump at least Ottawa: http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

On March 15, 2018 at 12:04 AM, drownwithyou said:

Keep fallin for Dahlin!  I would love for them to jump at least Ottawa: http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

On March 15, 2018 at 12:04 AM, drownwithyou said:

If the Wings drafted Dahlin, do you think they'd pair him with a fellow Swede, Ericsson, once Kronwall retired? The vet could teach the rookie all there is to know about coughing up the puck and being caught out of position

Wings lost their 8th straight last night, play in Anaheim tonight.

If the Wings drafted Dahlin, do you think they'd pair him with a fellow Swede, Ericsson, once Kronwall retired? The vet could teach the rookie all there is to know about coughing up the puck and being caught out of position
Wings lost their 8th straight last night, play in Anaheim tonight.

Don’t do this!!!

I thought Svech looked super solid in his limited ice time last night. Was really moving his feet and throwing hits while on the fourth line and had some decent offensive zone cycles going when matching up with more skilled players. I really wish Blashill would cool it with the Abdelkader/Helm ice time love fest for a few games at least. Also giving zetterberg a break from the highest toi a game here and there might be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wings are doing their best impersonation of the Sept '17 Tigers. 9 straight losses, but the stubborn Canucks keep losing. Wings still 4th worst. But just a hair behind Montreal and Ottawa so could fall to 6th worst. Sabres have moved to within 5 points of the Wings.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, drownwithyou said:

Keep fallin for Dahlin!  ...

Damn... they're making this interesting...!!!

Larkin scores his 1st goal in 17 games and breaks the brick wall that had been Mrazek, lol. 1-0 Wings six minutes into 2nd period.

Wings win in shootout. Hawks lose, eliminated from playoffs. Hawks fans ragging all over Stan Bowman and Quenneville. Trade them both to the Wings for Holland and Blashill? Will Nill get canned if the Stars - as it appears likely - miss the playoffs for 3rd time in 4 years? I don't want anything to do with Nill even if he is available.

11 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Hawks fans ragging all over Stan Bowman and Quenneville. Trade them both to the Wings for Holland and Blashill?

Git R Dun.

12 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Wings win in shootout. Hawks lose, eliminated from playoffs. Hawks fans ragging all over Stan Bowman and Quenneville. Trade them both to the Wings for Holland and Blashill? Will Nill get canned if the Stars - as it appears likely - miss the playoffs for 3rd time in 4 years? I don't want anything to do with Nill even if he is available.

Well crap who do we credit now for the Wings' past success?

Wings lose 1-0 in Washington.  Wings still 6th worst, but 2nd and 3rd worst are only 4 points behind with 8 to go. Doesn't look like Wings will win enough games to pass any team ahead of them - 7th worst Chicago is 4 points ahead of the Wings and are a better team.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:14 PM, motown blues said:

Mrazek? Looks like Holland got that one right.

Yeah, I don't think Philly is re-signing him for next year and we get an extra 3rd...

Nil. and nil.

Wings fall to the Leafs. Bertuzzi putting up some points.

Habs, Sens, Coyotes and Sabres all lose tonight as well. But wins by Chicago and Edmonton all but assure the Wings of being a bottom 6 team.

Kronwall and Zetterberg were caught by cameras losing their minds after the Toronto loss as they were exiting the ice.  I didn't watch so I'm not sure why they were so upset, but it is interesting...I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up getting fed up with this rebuild and retired unless the Wings can talk them into LTIRetirement.  I would be fine with either situation really, the cap holds would suck but they wouldn't be competing anyways.